All reviews light dinner stew hot dish breakfast and dinner included evening meal cold cuts rosenkrantz tower small buffet bed and pillows free supper free coffee tea included in the price viking cruise three night stay meatballs large flat screen tv excellent location
Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

Only had an overnight stay, but it was lovely. The bedroom was well equiped and the rain head shower a welcome change from previous accommodations. The included dinner and breakfast were great, with a nice selection. Hotel is close to Bryggen and Floibanen. Staff were lovely.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Veronica N, Manager at Thon Hotel Orion, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2019

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel, we greatly appreciate it.

It pleases me to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked both meals included in our room price. I am also glad to read that you mention our service and great location as reasons to stay at our hotel again :)

Reviewed 28 December 2018

We upgraded our room to one with a harbour view--really worthwhile doing that. Small rooms but adequate. Staff super hospitable. We had a delicious breakfast and we loved the included evening meal--it made the stay reasonable as restaurant prices in Bergen were expensive.

Room tip: We were on 10th floor with views over the harbour--really nice spot.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

It pleases me to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked both meals included in our room price. I am also glad to read that you mention our service as a reasons to stay at our hotel again :) Our superior rooms have a great harbour view and I am glad you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 27 December 2018

Really nice - well appointed - friendly staff - good value as well. Easy to get wherever you want in Bergen or walk to the Floybanen. Enjoyed breakfasts and the bonus light night meal as well. Really happy we found this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and rating us with a top score, we greatly appreciate it.

It pleases me to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked both meals included in our room price. I am also glad to read that you mention our great location as a reasons to stay at our hotel again :)

Reviewed 12 December 2018 via mobile

The building on the outside doesn't look very impressive, don t let that fool you! Hotel was great, small but comfortable rooms with all amenities, friendly and helpful staff assisting you at any time. Room comes with breakfast and a light dinner and I'd definitely recommend at least trying the food. It was delicious and I simply couldn't believe it was included in the price of my stay.
Very good location, only 5-10 minutes walk away from the city centre, my room had a lovely view of the harbour.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Veronica N, Manager at Thon Hotel Orion, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2018

Dear guest,

It pleases me to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked both meals included in our room price. I am glad to hear that you mention our great service, comfortable rooms and good location as reasons for this.

Reviewed 12 December 2018

Outstanding experience - we enjoyed every aspect of our stay. I am "particular" about housing accommodations and would stay here again without hesitation. The value with two FULL meals included is exceptional. Being we were there for a full week, we were disappointed with the view from our assigned 2nd floor room and requested a change. We ended up on the 10th floor with a gorgeous view overlooking the fortress, mountain, and fjord. Quite comfortable space with the couch and wing chair, and ample room for three of us to sleep with the main bed and the pullout. The bathroom is small but adequate. Breakfast and dinner was expansive and tasty. The choices were such that we had variety every day. "Light dinner" was a soup or entree, salad, fruit and fresh vegetable, and several bread and roll options. The breakfast package to go on our last day when we needed to leave at 0600 was a delicious bonus. Location was great, an easy walk to the city centre, yet a block or two past the busyness of it. An easy walk to both the Bynbanen and train station. The 11th floor lounge is a nice place to play a game, visit, enjoy a hot beverage. The room and hotel were QUIET. Only two issues occurred during our stay, neither of which would prevent us from returning. 1) room safe stopped working - we needed staff to retrieve items and one attempt at a fix failed. We didn't ask for a second fix since we had a locking suitcase. 2) the tub drain overflowed the first time the tub was drained. Didn't happen when we showered, and we figured out we just had to drain the tub slowly.

Room tip: Ask for a high room if you want a nice view
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no

Dear guest,

It pleases me to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked both meals included in our room price - writing a nice and detailed review about both meals. I am glad to hear that you upgraded your room to a top floor room, with a fantastic view. I am sorry to hear about the two issues that occurred at our hotel and we are sorry for the inconvenience this caused, but I am glad you got to enjoy your stay, spite this :)