First Hotel Marin
The Hanseatic Hotel(Bergen)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$183
US$179
Clarion Hotels
  • Breakfast included
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Bergen(Bergen)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$198
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel Terminus(Bergen)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$153
US$140
Travelocity
1,386 results
All reviewsgreat locationfish marketfamily suiteroom was largecentral locationbuffet breakfastfree coffeenice staycomfortable hotelbryggen areafew minutes walkdouble bedtop floormini barwafflesairport busmacon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2011

I love this hotel! A lot of differente cozy rooms, good restaurant, perfect plased in the city center, and grate staff

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
ManagementFHMarin, General Manager at First Hotel Marin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2011

Dear Torsvik,

Thanks for your nice thoughts about our hotel. We hope you come back soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 9 January 2011

Well-functioning Hotel right in the heart of Bergen. Nice Rooms and ok breakfast. Plenty restaurants around the Hotel.
Some noice from night-life experienced.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
ManagementFHMarin, General Manager at First Hotel Marin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2011

Dear TheNorgaards,

Thanks for the review, we appreciate the feedback.

Being located in the heart of Bergen makes us vulnerable to street noice, however, we do have rooms situated towards a back yard. Ask for a quiet room next time.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2011

We stayed in an deluxe room. The room was spacious and clean however showing signs of wear. Windows were drafty.
The breakfast buffet was really nice, and location pretty good, right on Bryggen.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family

Dear elisaNorway,

Thanks for the review, we appreciate all feedback.
The hotel is 12 years old so it is only natural with signs of wear. For your information we will start painting the walls in the rooms as soon as all corridors are done.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 December 2010

Although the hotel is conveniently situated right in the old town of Bergen (walking distance to everything) it was disappointing. I was there on business and they gave me a room which resembled a dorm room at an american college. The hotel breakfast was extensive and included in the price but there were barely any people working and one a few days didn't have anyone who could work the cappuccino maker. I was attending a few business meetings and travelling from another place but my room didn't have any iron or ironing board and when asked at the front desk they told me I had to go downstairs to the public area and use the ironing board downstairs. I had no sheets on my single bed (which was supposed to be at least a double) and the comforter was so small it barely covered me. When the hotel is busy the internet is very slow but it is free.
I would book if you are on a budget and aren't staying to long but not recommended on long visits.

There is also a night club right next to the hotel and on Friday and Saturday nights it was really loud. The music is blaring and you can hear all the people on the street.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank ilovetotravel44
ManagementFHMarin, General Manager at First Hotel Marin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2010

Dear ilovetotravel44,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

It seems to me you have stayed in one of our standard rooms that does not include an ironing board and is facing the street. However, we do have several other categories and some are facing the backyard which is more quiet. Your desciption of the room as a dorm is not familiar to us as we have some of the largest rooms of all hotels in Bergen, all with a standard bed all with sheets and duvet. It doesn't say in the review if you contacted the front desk staff about this - if not it is a small comfort, but they could have brought you another set.

Next time in Bergen I do hope you will consider staying with us, we would like to show you what else we have. A free upgrade is an absolute - please contact us to organise it.

Reviewed 5 December 2010

Service. Arrived late at night to my room with curtains drawn - pitch black. Why can't they tell you at check in that you need a card to activate the lights/electricity it the room?

Breakfast = disaster. I grabbed a cup of juice and coffee and set it down on one of the last seats available. By the time I returned with food, beverages were gone and a couple were seated at the table for 2. Found a solo seat at a shared table for 6 and set my food/implements/napkin down and went back for coffee/juice. When I returned the food was gone and someone else was seated there. Gave up and took the food to my room. You need 2 people to eat here, one to protect your seat!

The room is nice, but facing an interior courtyard (I asked to face the fish market - maybe none were available?)

Unpleasant so far.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Mmuzi

Dear PET_imaging.

Thank you for taking the time to share your views about the hotel.
We have tried to contact you while you still stayed at the hotel in order to give you a room facing the fish market, but unfortunately, we did not succeed. There is a limited amount of rooms facing the waterfront and upon check-in there were none available that day.

In regards to the lights we could of course tell you this upon check-in, however, we do find that most of our guests do know this from before as many hotels in Scandinavia at least, has this solution. The curtains should not have been drawn though.

Your breakfast experience is indeed not up to our standards. I do know we were fully booked this weekend and unfortunately our breakfast room does not hold the capacity to fit all our guests at the same time which makes it too busy during certain hours. It seems you have been in the restaurant at this time. We are looking at solutions together with our owner to improve this for the future.

We do feel we are a hotel also for the solo traveler and hope that you might come back one day to try again. We would like to show you what we can do!
We would like to get in touch with you to organise this.