To me, this hotel is close to perfect! It's the first time in my life I've ever entered my hotel room and been in complete awe of how spacious and beautiful it was.
The rooms very clean, the staff is always friendly and ready to help with any question, the building iteself is unique and beautiful, and the location is very practical.
A few things I love about this hotel are:
- There's a service room with microwave, washing machine and dryer, kettle, etc. Access with room key. Very nice for a longer stay, or if you've been on the road for a while. Everything free of charge.
- The TV in the room was big, and had a great picture. This is often horrible in hotels, but they've got it right.
- The beds are amazing! Just amazing! Slept like a baby!
- There are plenty of outlets wherever you may need them. At the desk, by the bed, in the bathroom. Perfect.
- This is a pretty quiet hotel. Very little shouting and noise in the hallways, or outside. Some people complain about the noise from the trains, but that's really minimal. And it's an end station, so no constant through-traffic.
- The ceilings are really high, which I like. Huge windows, and an impressive art collection. Everything is tastefully decorated in a clean, classic style. Just beautiful.
Ali in all this hotel is close to perfect. To be very picky, the little things that cost them that final star are:
- The shower curtain. I don't like shower curtains that stick to you when you shower. You know it probably stuck to quite a few people before you, and probably isn't washed between guests.
- The water pressure in the shower isn't anything to be excited about.
- There was no bathrobe. Not a big deal, but staying for a week or longer at a time, that would be a nice extra.
- After giving my towels for a wash, they only replaced half. As a woman with long hair, an extra towel is needed.
- After sleeping in and not leaving until 10 one day, my room wasn't cleaned at all that day.
- There's a gym, which is great. But it's too small, and if you want to work out after work, before it closes, you're lucky if there's a machine free at any time. Put 3 people in that room, and it's over crowded. The fact that there is a gym, though, is a huge plus!
- Wi-fi connection is unstable and very slow at times. Checking mail and stuff is fine, but e.g. Skype-calls drop constantly.
- The breakfast could definitely use some more variation, and some smoked salmon!
And the final thing, which isn't a big deal but very annoying: I got a wake-up call at 5 in the morning once, that I had not requested. That sucked.
Love the hotel, though. It should be among the top 5 in Bergen!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hotel Terminus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Bergen