“Better then expected!!!”
Review of P-Hotels Bergen

P-Hotels Bergen
Ranked #46 of 49 Hotels in Bergen
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel, it got awful reviews but in fact I got my money's worth and more. The staff were friendly, helpful, smiley. The place was SPOTLESS and clean. Room was warm, spacious, everything worked perfectly.
The only thing I could fault was the TV which had just one Norweigan channel, and the light was very dim so I had to use bedside lamps see.
My friend ordered a twin bed and was put in a single room, they upgraded her straight away.
No problems with noise.
Right in the city centre

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed at their second location which was just a bit up the street - at first I was reluctant as it didn't seem very official - but it turned out to be a great room and experience - it had way more space than my friend and I needed or expected (we are use to staying in hostels it seems like an upgrade). I will admit it to be old and has potential to be noisy but neither of these deterred us from having a good experience. It was the perfect location - easy to find from the airport bus - got off around the large gazebo and walked from there. We were able to walk everywhere and felt safe doing so. They provided a "breakfast" (sandwich, fruit and drink box) in a bag on your door in the morning - which we used as lunch and picked up some breakfast around town. All in all Bergen is an expensive city so you are going to get what you pay for with this hotel - it is on the cheaper price side and therefore is not going to be a 3 or 4 star experience. I found the staff to be nice and helpful - allowed us to keep our luggage behind the desk (before check-in) instead of just sitting in the lobby as we had some valuables. Had free wifi.

Room Tip: Higher floors = less noise
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BeachBum093
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Nicely located close to Torgalmenningen. That's the good thing. Otherwise, a very poor hotel. Rooms are shabby, the bathroom we got smelled like urine, and when taking a shower the entire floor got wet, and stayed wet. Heating did not work. The bed works, but unfortunately there is so much noise from the street that you really need the ear plugs that you find in the room.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Grokhe
Reviewed 5 November 2013

It is a shame to see a hotel like that with such reviews, but the hotel management does not really care about how things work, at least, that's the impression they gave us!

The location is just great! You are able to visit absolutely everything on foot! Of course there are places and tours that demand a transportation, but the situation is similar to all of the other hotels, nevertheless the hotel itself is very bad!

We stayed there from Monday to Thursday, so we didn't have problems about noise. There is a bar and a disco just below the hotel. The bar, every day, shows soccer games, so there's always an audience for such. Fortunately we didn't have any problems despite being on the 1st floor, just above the bar and the disco. We could sleep.

Breakfast...we knew about the way things work, I mean, a paper bag with a sandwich, a small bottle of apple juice and a fruit (usually a very small pear), but the sandwich is a joke. No filling at all! No matter the filling you choose (salami, ham, chicken), they are all just the same.

Staff...I had read here on Trip Advisor a few reviews about the "blondie" that works at the front desk, but, believe me, she's much worse than you can imagine! She's there, but she's NOT there, if you can get what I mean. If you depend on any detail, forget it or try to deal with her very bad mood! She seems to get irritated when you ask her something. Check-in and check-out are automatic, I mean, you do all the process, but our process, for some reason, didn't work out, so I had to talk to her about my reservation. Poor me! If I knew of a hotel nearby, I would have just gone into it at once! From that moment on, I never faced her again!

Sorry, miss/mistress, but if you are not happy, if you are not professional enough to work at the front desk, please, just look for something else for you to do! We don't have to deal with such a bad-moody woman like you! You don't know what politeness is and in Norway this is amazing, very bad for you!

So, despite the excellent location, I don't recommend this hotel at all!

Room Tip: Look for some other hotel!
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I decided for this hotel given the prices, Bergen is a very expensive city in regards to accommodation and this hotel prices are more affordable. But you get what you paid for...

The hotel is very basic, and could be noisy so don´t expect anything "extra". The hotel does the job is you really are not spending time there but just sleeping. If you are in a low floor it could be noisy but you can ask for earplugs.

You will get a basic breakfast delivered to your door in the morning (sandwich, juice and a fruit).

Location is almost perfect, very centric....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel is a shame.

First of all, the rooms are dirty, we found some old food under a sofa bed (oh yes because you're not even sure to sleep in a bed), it smells really bad, noisy as hell and the service is terrible.

The first night we got here, the window was broken and the reception clerk did not want to help us nor offered us another room. Result: we got robed because there was an emergency stairway coming from the bar downstairs, meaning that more-or-less everybody could come into our room.
The hotel manager didn't want to help us to solve this problem.

In a nutshell, do not go there! There are plenty of other hotels that offer safety, comfort, good service for the same or a bit higher price.

Room Tip: If you wanna go to this hotel (which I highly discourage), ask at least to be in the main building.
4  Thank SWTLD
Reviewed 28 October 2013

It was so bad that I don't even know where to begin...
Maybe from an advice: don't go there!
First thing we immediately reported that a window was broken and they did NOTHING to help us!
Result: we got robbed in less than 2 hours! And we were not the only one!!
They didn't fix the window, they didn't change our room and of course they didn't give us our money back!
Moreover, the hotel entrance is always opened to everybody, there's a very crowded pub in the ground floor and the emergency stairs end exactly in the backyard of this pub which can be reached from everybody also from the street!
The hotel smells really bad, is dirty and very very noisy (but they warn you at least).
I can write many other problems, but remember that there's no safe in the rooms and neither in the reception, so if you have valuable stuff BE CAREFUL!
If you can, pay a bit more for another hotel which is safer, cleaner and in which you are not treated like if it was your fault!

Room Tip: Don't go there!
3  Thank Tommaso G