“Stay spoilt by the noise.”
Review of P-Hotels Bergen

P-Hotels Bergen
Ranked #46 of 50 Hotels in Bergen
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed here on two different occasions, once on a Wednesday and then on a Friday. Unfortunately the Friday stay, I was located on the first floor which was above the night club. The music was very loud, but this could be reduced by the use of ear plugs. However the banging bass shook the room which made it impossible to sleep through - this went on until 2 am. I had no such problem on the Wednesday evening, so I would recommend not staying at the weekend, and if you do then ask for a room on the top floors. The location of the hotel is very good and it's just a few minutes walk to the main sights of Bergen. The rooms were clean, but the corridor floors in the morning were covered with litter, although this was probably more down to the guests and not the hotel. Breakfast is hung in a bag on your door handle and comprised of apple juice, rock hard pear and a dry sandwich. The hotel staff were pleasant and helpful, and allowed us to leave our bag in reception - although it is not put into a secure area, so the risk is there. The rate was very good for Bergen, but I guess you do get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Request a room high up especially at the weekend.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

We were a little bit dissapointed by this hotel. Payment was taken from my card a week before and when we arrived there our room was located in another building, not the main one. The bathroom was not clean. The hotel is located near the harbour and nearby there are many bars and restaurants. They offer free reliable wifi. Breakfast (breakfast, apple juice & apple) is delivered in the rooms.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dora C
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Travelling with three young children and two adults, we found that there are not a lot of hotels which can accommodate us in one room. We booked this hotel because it offered a family room, although I was somewhat concerned after reading some reviews. I should not have been concerned, the room was large, clean and perfectly adequate for our one night stay. The free wifi was a great bonus! The simple breakfast which was provided was a good start to the day (although the sandwiches were not too popular with the children)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Room was decently clean, with free WiFi and a simple breakfast. Located centrally and close to many attractions. Airport shuttle stop just right in front of hotel.

Only negative thing is the pub and clubs below the hotel. Might get noisy and rowdy at times. However the hotel do provide ear plugs. Me and my wife find the noise level acceptable, so we did not use the plugs.

Overall definitely value for money and exceeded our expectations.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank guohui_ge
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel, it got awful reviews but in fact I got my money's worth and more. The staff were friendly, helpful, smiley. The place was SPOTLESS and clean. Room was warm, spacious, everything worked perfectly.
The only thing I could fault was the TV which had just one Norweigan channel, and the light was very dim so I had to use bedside lamps see.
My friend ordered a twin bed and was put in a single room, they upgraded her straight away.
No problems with noise.
Right in the city centre

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed at their second location which was just a bit up the street - at first I was reluctant as it didn't seem very official - but it turned out to be a great room and experience - it had way more space than my friend and I needed or expected (we are use to staying in hostels it seems like an upgrade). I will admit it to be old and has potential to be noisy but neither of these deterred us from having a good experience. It was the perfect location - easy to find from the airport bus - got off around the large gazebo and walked from there. We were able to walk everywhere and felt safe doing so. They provided a "breakfast" (sandwich, fruit and drink box) in a bag on your door in the morning - which we used as lunch and picked up some breakfast around town. All in all Bergen is an expensive city so you are going to get what you pay for with this hotel - it is on the cheaper price side and therefore is not going to be a 3 or 4 star experience. I found the staff to be nice and helpful - allowed us to keep our luggage behind the desk (before check-in) instead of just sitting in the lobby as we had some valuables. Had free wifi.

Room Tip: Higher floors = less noise
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BeachBum093
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Nicely located close to Torgalmenningen. That's the good thing. Otherwise, a very poor hotel. Rooms are shabby, the bathroom we got smelled like urine, and when taking a shower the entire floor got wet, and stayed wet. Heating did not work. The bed works, but unfortunately there is so much noise from the street that you really need the ear plugs that you find in the room.

• Stayed: October 2013