“Gorgeous italian restaurant.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Gorgeous restaurant with calm and esthetic design. Waiters are speaking in many languages like english, german, french, norwegian... they even know some words in polish what was very impresiv for me. I can tell that they prepare the food with love, serve it with passion and also keep positive, friendly contakt with castomers.
Before meal we get home made breat to try. After 10 min we get delicious food... hmmm pizza with oysters. In nice atmosfer we finished meal and ordered real italian "caffe latte"!
I can realy recomend thise restaurant we have pleasant time and we get good food. We realy need it in Bergen since is raining all the time!

1  Thank Klara F
There are newer reviews for Leone di Mare

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Reviewed 30 July 2012

My husband and I dined here on July 4th. We had mussels in broth and pasta with seafood (which included more mussels). Foccacia and water. The owner brought out a little appetizer on the house and some sweets at the end of the meal. Other patrons were having pizza. (Some patrons were speaking Italian to the owner and appeared to be staff from the Costa cruise boat.... another positive sign.) The place is VERY small and can seat 20 people at the most, so get there early. They do not yet have a liquor license which is a drawback to Italian dining, but the service was excellent and the food seemed cooked to order. Unlike other restaurants in Scandinavia, we did not have to wait for a long time between courses. The restaurant is an easy walk from the market area.
They need a liquor license.

1  Thank erntravels
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Went to this restaurant last week because it was just around the corner. First surprise was that in this "italian" restaurant you can not order wine - since they saved on the alcohol license. The free bread was dough, fried in older oil and soaked with garlic oil on top. It seems to be more a remnant of the former Kebab place that was in this location (it think the staff are the same people), but it is NOT italian. The quality of the pizza I had, was on the level: "I can better put a frozen pizza in my oven at home, rather than eating at this place". The pasta my partner had was looking and tasting like made from an instant-package. What a terrible experience this is. Of course we needed and wanted to pay... but since the ATM connection was broken on this day, we had to go to an ATM few hundred meters away, since we did not had enough cash with us.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Service is good, pasta is not so impressive. But you get your moneys worth and wont leave hungry.

1  Thank Therealdan