“Just the job!”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Just the job!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Decided to have a lighter supper with my family and a Pizza was the suggested favourite of my youngest. Used Tripadvisor and found this place. Not put off by some negative reviews we gave it a try. Pleased we did. The decor is truly awful but it is clean. The food was good, well prepared and plentiful. Service was pleasant and the Pizzas were thin based with good taste. One of my boys had a seafood spaghetti dish which looked and tasted great. All in all - just the job!

1 Thank Count_colin

Georgia
“"No, No, No!!!!"”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I stopped by this restaurant the first night we were in Bergen. We wanted a change of pace from Norwegian food and hoped that this restaurant would be our answer. On a Wednesday night, they told us they could not accommodate us. We asked if we could come back later in the evening and were told that there were no guarantees they could seat us. I asked if they would take a reservation later that night and they told us NO! Undeterred, we asked to make reservations for the following night.

When we arrived that Thursday night, there was another bald male server who stopped us at the door and told us right away, "NO, NO, NO!!! We do not have any tables! No tables available tonight!" There were at least 4 tables that we could see from the door that were empty. It was very obvious that he did not want us there. After we told him that we had a reservation, he finally agreed to seat us.

We were served some of the worst Italian food I have had in quite some time. I ordered a simple tagliatelle with bolognese which came out like watered down Ragu with a few scraps of meat.

To top it off, since we were seated near the door, we could hear other diners coming in. Not once was anyone turned away, nor asked if they had a reservation. They were seated promptly as tables were available.

I have been to many restaurants all over the world and have never been subjected to such rudeness and overt hostility. It is unclear as to the reason for this, but I would never recommend for anyone to go to this restaurant.

If you are looking for better food and service, I suggest going to Samrab Thai on Ovregaten or Maharaja on Rosencrantz.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank scarletlettera
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, amazing service”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My fiancé and I were desperate for some Italian in Bergen and we trusted trip advisor. Leone di Mare was very very very good. In many ways this was down to our waiter Maher, he was fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble, he was chatty, engaging and most of all great at his job.

We had various startes with a selection of meats and mozzarella ... Large portions and delicious. The pasta and risotto we had for mains were awesome! So much seafood, it was delicious.

Very highly recommended, we come back in a heart beat.

• Visited June 2014
New York City, New York
“Excellent Italian Food, Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I ate here one night in May 2014. I am a vegan (vegetarian, no eggs, dairy) so it was hard to find places in Norway where I could eat more than salad or steamed veggies.

Location is on Ovregaten street - just a couple blocks up from the famous Hanseatic Wharf (street with the old historic buildings). We were strolling around the area and looking at restaurant menus as we went.

The service was very good, friendly and efficient. The restaurant is small and pleasant. It is a corner restaurant so has lots of windows to let in light and the one side looks out to a small park.

Hubby had a beer 65 kr and pizza 139 kr and I had a spaghetti dish without cheese 110kr. Both were very good. I asked them to add some olives on as well which they did for no extra charge. We shared a lemon sorbet for dessert 55kr which was very delicious. Often times in the US in smaller restaurants you get these premade sorbets but this was obviously fresh. When presented with the bill they give you small Tolberones (chocolates) which hubby enjoyed). We would happily eat here again.

The prices were very reasonable for Norway and came to 369 kr (approx $55 USD). Interestingly enough after a week in the country this was the first tab we saw that broke out taxes and everything. So of the 369 kr the taxes totaled 28.3% or 104.65 kr.

That is, in essence, why In Norway food and drink are very expensive compared to the USA. At other restaurants we went to a pint of beer is $10-13, a half liter of soda is $5, a glass of wine is $13 to $17. Entrees in an average restaurant run $25. Things are about half price at the grocery store. If you're on a budget breakfast is included, get groceries and make sandwiches for lunch and then eat dinner out.

In Norway most people speak English so there are no communication problems.

For our second night in Bergen we ate at Samrabthai also on Ovregaten street (separate review)

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank NYC-Canuck
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great little place - unpretentious, excellent food, and outstandingly friendly service.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Found this through tripadvisor, looking for a little place that would be suitable for my wife and two children (2/4 yrs old). It was perfect in pretty much every way. The service was outstanding, from all three people who looked after us. The food was excellent and generous in portion size. Delicious home made bread to start, with cold beer on draught. Our little ones shared a huge ultra thin crust pizza that was delicious; leftovers willingly packaged up for us. We shared a big bruschetta on pizza dough bread, then had lasagne (perfect balance of sauces, pasta and meat) and salmon pasta - again, generous portions, but very obviously freshly made. No room for desert unfortunately. I would recommend this to anyone.

Visited May 2014