“Mediocre”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We went there for a dinner twice. Each time the pizza was below expectations. It is thin dough. Very thin. Somehow when you cut it and eat the center, the center doesn't have a taste. This could be because of too much oil or tasteless cheese. However, going to the edges the pizza becomes gradually more tasty, the tomato part is good.
Then, the house white wine that you get when ordering just a glass of wine is pretty bad. In Italian you can say that it is a tavernello - cooking wine. Otherwise, the fish dishes seemed very nice.

La pizza era troppo sottile, finche non aveva gusto. Il formaggio era abbastanza, pero non aggiungeva niente. Il vino di casa - tavernello, pero sono sicura che si puo ordinare qualcosa di meglio. I piatti di pesce sembravano buoni e aveva un aspetto bello.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

A good decent Italian offering exactly what you would expect. Food was above average, just like the service. Lovely if you fancy Italian in Bergen. (do check out the wifi signal names that will show up on your device lol).

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Decided to have a lighter supper with my family and a Pizza was the suggested favourite of my youngest. Used Tripadvisor and found this place. Not put off by some negative reviews we gave it a try. Pleased we did. The decor is truly awful but it is clean. The food was good, well prepared and plentiful. Service was pleasant and the Pizzas were thin based with good taste. One of my boys had a seafood spaghetti dish which looked and tasted great. All in all - just the job!

1  Thank Count_colin
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I stopped by this restaurant the first night we were in Bergen. We wanted a change of pace from Norwegian food and hoped that this restaurant would be our answer. On a Wednesday night, they told us they could not accommodate us. We asked if we could come back later in the evening and were told that there were no guarantees they could seat us. I asked if they would take a reservation later that night and they told us NO! Undeterred, we asked to make reservations for the following night.

When we arrived that Thursday night, there was another bald male server who stopped us at the door and told us right away, "NO, NO, NO!!! We do not have any tables! No tables available tonight!" There were at least 4 tables that we could see from the door that were empty. It was very obvious that he did not want us there. After we told him that we had a reservation, he finally agreed to seat us.

We were served some of the worst Italian food I have had in quite some time. I ordered a simple tagliatelle with bolognese which came out like watered down Ragu with a few scraps of meat.

To top it off, since we were seated near the door, we could hear other diners coming in. Not once was anyone turned away, nor asked if they had a reservation. They were seated promptly as tables were available.

I have been to many restaurants all over the world and have never been subjected to such rudeness and overt hostility. It is unclear as to the reason for this, but I would never recommend for anyone to go to this restaurant.

If you are looking for better food and service, I suggest going to Samrab Thai on Ovregaten or Maharaja on Rosencrantz.

3  Thank scarletlettera
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My fiancé and I were desperate for some Italian in Bergen and we trusted trip advisor. Leone di Mare was very very very good. In many ways this was down to our waiter Maher, he was fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble, he was chatty, engaging and most of all great at his job.

We had various startes with a selection of meats and mozzarella ... Large portions and delicious. The pasta and risotto we had for mains were awesome! So much seafood, it was delicious.

Very highly recommended, we come back in a heart beat.