“Lovely hotel with homely feel.”
Review of Hotel Park Bergen

Hotel Park Bergen
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Bergen
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night on 18 November 2013 en route to Molde to watch a Norway v Scotland football match. Everything about this hotel is great, with client needs placed before anything else. That said the hotel is located in an elevated position that would be difficult for people with mobility restrictions to reach on foot.

The staff were hugely helpful and the check in and check out procedures were swift. I stayed in room 24 which is a corner room on the second floor. The stairway leading to this room is tight but that is typical of older style buildings however the room has a small balcony which boasts beautiful views over Bergen.

In the morning, the hotel is filled with the smell of freshly baked croissant and coffee, and all in all the food provided was fresh, wholesome and plentiful. This hotel is highly recommended and would be my first choice of residence should I ever return to Bergen,

Room Tip: I though that room 24 was full of character with a fantastic view from the balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LeBossScotland
There are newer reviews for Hotel Park Bergen

Reviewed 7 December 2013

The atmosphere in this hotel makes me feel like I am home - not on a business trip. Think this is my favourite hotel in Bergen. The breakfast is very good. Close to the railway station / Bus - station and Bygarasjen ( if you need safe parking)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Fredrik G
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel in September 2013. I found it to be one of the charming hotel that I have ever been to. Although it's quite old and simple, the whole experience was amazing. In a country of very cold people, the hospitality was unbelievable, the hotel is very close to the city center (although its on top of a hill, so it requires a bit of climbing from the city center), and there are always fresh self-baked brownies in the kitchen.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ik251
Reviewed 28 October 2013

There seems to be several nice rooms in this hotel... our room in the annex building was lovely, large and beautifully decorated, but it was on the basement level with the window opening out onto the sidewalk (really - someone could easily walk right into the room) and with no view. We stayed here on our first two nights in Norway from the US and desperately needed some sleep; however, the room was warm and stuffy and there was no way we would open the one window out of three windows that opened given that it gave access to our room from the sidewalk. We asked for a different room but there were none. Other shortcomings: two small bath towels, small generic soap and shampoo, no hooks to hang clothes or shelves to set toiletries in the very small bathroom. Breakfast (in the building across the street from the annex where our room was) was average - no hot food unless you count toasted bread. Good stuff: close to central station (5 blocks, 2 of which are uphill) in a very nice neighborhood with a market close by, great bed and bedding including 2 pillows per person, very large room with sofa, table and chairs. I suspect that our stay here would be been 4 or 5 rating if we were in the main building but that's the luck of the draw. By the way, we had booked this room 5 months in advance...

Room Tip: Request an upper floor room in the main building, preferably with a view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jacquelyn O
Reviewed 17 October 2013

stayed in this hotel on a business trip without having to pay extortionate airport hotel prices.
Ideal location for a walk around the main town where there are many restaurant bars etc.
Was greeted by a very nice lady who checked us in. As we had an early morning flight, she arranged for a lunch pack we could collect at reception. She was there early anyway, so we grabbed a coffee and light breakfast. Rooms were very clean. My colleague was in a room on the third floor, so with no lift this could be a disadvantage to some folk with luggage.
If I was to travel through Bergen again, I would definitely look to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2013

First, everyone working at this hotel is super. Great service. That said, there are a number of issues. First, the walk to the hotel from the bus stop is not bad. The final 30 meters is steep. But going up and down to the 3rd floor (especially with my bags) was what wore me out. The stairs are extremely steep. It is after all, an old building. But I will seek out a Bergen hotel with an elevator next time.

The room I received was, as expected, sparse. But it was not as nicely furnished as rooms with photos on the webpage or even on this site. The room seemed a lot more worn than other rooms. Granted, it does look a little frumpier after I slept in the bed and opened my bags. But that's how small the rooms are. If you mess up the bed, the room looks "totaled".

Worse though was the bathroom. The lighting was awful. There were lights, just never light in the right spot. It was difficult to get any light in front of the mirror to shave. Maybe this is simply our LED future. As can be seen in my photo, the bathroom is so tiny that any water from the shower ends up in on the floor everywhere in the room. So once you shower, you cannot stand in the bathroom without getting your feet wet.

Breakfast is more than adequate. I especially recommend the fresh rye breads you slice yourself.

I was there during the week in summer and I did not experience noise issues. In fact, due to the heat I needed to sleep with the windows open. There was some road noise but not a lot. I paid 990 Kr. a night. I think next time I will investigate a newer hotel downtown.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank HBSponger
reime, Manager at Hotel Park Bergen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Guest .
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that you did not
like your stay in our hotel. It would have helped if you had told us during your stay
that you had problems with the stairs, then we could have given you a room on a lower floor.

In the summer time we have to give our guests singel rooms if you book this , but in the
winter time we give all our guests double room for singel use if possible. We have never had complains about the light in the bathrooms before , but I will look into it an se if there is something
we can do.

Best regards
Anne Margrethe Klohs
with staff

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Helpful staff, had tea and coffee all day long in their small breakfast area, this was included in the price. The breakfast was good but nothing outstanding.
Has narrow stairs and may be difficult to folks with diminished physical abilities.
The place was impeccable clean , will be back if we return to Bergen.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 10Tito

Dear guest :-)

Thank you so much for the good review . We are so happy to read that you will stay with us
if you return to Bergen again.

Best regards