“Great! Just wished it stayed open later!”

VilVite Bergen Science Center
Book In Advance
More Info
US$30.66*
and up
Bergen Card
Ranked #11 of 139 things to do in Bergen
More attraction details
Owner description: Come to VilVite - Bergen Science Center - to explore and enjoy science!
New York City, New York
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great! Just wished it stayed open later!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Everything in Bergen closes way too early, and this one closes earlier than most. But it was fantastic anyway. TIP: Check the dates on the Bergen Card, but about 10 months out of the year the Bergen Card practically pays for itself if you go to VilVite (MORE than pays for itself if you take a kid/kids; kids 3 and over are charged, 2 and under are free).

For more about the Science Center, it is great!!! The staff was very nice, the exhibits were interactive, and for the most part the other kids there were friendly and willing to play with my poor non-Norwegian speaking toddler. He had the most fun, and is still talking about it. It is kind of a small center, but that doesn't seem to limit its fun for the kids. I also had a lot of fun, but kids will be able to spend all day here and not get bored for a second.

Shout out to Rolf (sp?), one of the Science Hosts, for being awesome!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Alyson M

• Czech first
Warsaw, Poland
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Very nice for kids”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Our kids just loved it. There is a lot of different activities for smaller and older children. We where ther only for 1 hour (because the weather was too good), but kids wanted to stray there for much longer. This is the best recomendation!

Visited April 2014
sadand, Manager at VilVite Bergen Science Center, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
We are happy to hear that your family enjoyed visiting us and appreciate that you take time sharing your experience with others. We hope to see you all again.
Bergen, Norway
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Fun for all ages!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I went here with my young siblings, and we all had a blast. I wasn't really too convinced it would be fun for me, but I was mistaken! There are numerous activities to do, they've really put together a fantastic place. I would make sure to have enough time to fully explore the science center, leaving before you feel "finished" wouldn't be a good thing!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Maren L
Floro, Norway
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fun for children of all ages”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

One of the activities we have to do when in Bergen. Fun for the children, and for playful adults as well. I find it expensive enough though, but ut keeps the children occupied for hours.

Visited March 2014
London, England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fun morning out for small people (and some bigger ones!)”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

As a small boy now accompanies me on all my holidays I am always on the look out for ways to entertain him, and this got a big thumbs up from him, and the husband.

It's more a science based game centre than a science museum like I would understand it, in that there were no displays, other then the interactive science demonstrations. These included everything from a boat driving simulator to a robot that burped (to my boy's delight) when you "fed" him sugary items.

It was very simple to get to on the tram (Florida stop) and as we had a bergen card it was free to get in.

Visited February 2014