“Perfect little local wine bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Don Pippo

Don Pippo
Ranked #41 of 370 Restaurants in Bergen
Price range: US$8 - US$34
Cuisines: European, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Don Pippo is an intimate, informal and cosy winebar for great wines and continental and local specialities - everything home made. Approx. 150 different wines on the menu with a constantly evolving wine-by-the-glass list of 20 selections.
Los Angeles, California
“Perfect little local wine bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

Don Pippo was recommended to us by our waiter at Hanne på Høyden as a place that he and his colleagues stop in at for a great glass of wine. It was really wonderful. If you don't look carefully, you might miss it, as we almost did. It's actually quite small and can get fairly crowded with upscale locals but if you love wine, it's worth the search.

The owner selects all of his wines himself and serves according to his own palette. He doesn't do Bordeaux as it seems he is on the lookout for more adventurous winemakers who like to offer some fresh takes on the juice. I also love that while you can read the board or the menu, you can also just speak with the owner and offer up some ideas of what you like or maybe what you are in the mood for and he will pour a couple of his suggestions for you to try. They were all interesting, exciting and sometimes quite a departure from the same old world wine you get used to.

Don Pippo also offers food, but we had just come from dinner so we didn't get to try any of it. We definitely recommend this wine bar, it was a very cosmopolitan, forward-thinking slice of fun in Bergen.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank SophieBug
intercomatel, Owner at Don Pippo, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review! We do our best to always stay updated in the wine- and food world. We buy new wines every week, and try to search for new, fresh taste both wine- and foodwise.

With kind regards,
Heine Johansen
Owner and manager
Don Pippo

Bergen, Norway
“Forca Italia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Din Pippo is situated in a small, secluded glass building, which ensures a bright atmosphare inside this rather small establishment. The ambience is very inviting and there is a nice "buzz" among the guests and the staff. You can taste the different wines before deciding, and the food consist of freshly baked bread, a nice variety of quality cheeses and hams, and different small courses. It is all very appealing and a very pleasant experience.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank FredRE
Bergen, Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

its a small vine bar with nice food. seams like they have plenty of regulars. perfect for a glass of vine and a cheese plate :) i had some tuna dish witch was good :) the staff is nice and helpful.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank MrTorkell
Roma, Sweden
“A bite of real Italy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012 via mobile

I am Italian. I love Bergen and I am used to spending there as long as I can any time I m on holidays. I went to Don Pippo in the end of November. My beloved Norwegian girl friends arranged our girls night there and it was the best choice ever!The bartender was very focused and knew quite a lot about Italian wine. I ate a nice bruschetta and the portion was quite big and tasty. The atmosphere was laid back and cosy so that I almost forgot I was in Norway!!
Si, I am very happy with Don Pippo! It s good that beautiful Bergen can offer such a nice Italian place! I will definitly come back. BRAVO Don Pippo!!!

5 Thank Fealuna
“Superior food and wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

Made by people with love it seems. Great staff, who knows how to treat people the right way. The food is exellent. And the Vitello Tonnato... Who can rally beat that? It was a bomb of an tastefull sandwich, made by sourdough bread.
Regardless of few seats, the a enuff room for love to all. Friendly priced, and superior food.

• Visited November 2012