“Hip, brand new, great location”
Review of Hotel No 13

Hotel No 13
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in Bergen
Norway
“Hip, brand new, great location”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Based on reviews on TA I decided to try out this new hotel in Bergen centrum on a business travel. It was only 2 months since the opening of the hotel (I was told). I stayed only one night, but really enjoyed my stay. There are not many rooms, and the reception area is in the middle of the small restaurant in the entrance. My room (4th floor) was spacious, nicely decorated in a modern style and with a great bathroom. No noise from the street below. The breakfast was nice, not very much to choose from, but better than many larger hotels. The hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of Bergen. To be recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank meolst
Camilla K, General Manager at Hotel No 13, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Hi!

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I truly appreciate your feedback. We work continuously to have our guests enjoy a comfortable stay at Clarion Collection No13 and every review is valuable to my staff and me. I am especially happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at our small hotel. We look forward to welcoming you as our guests at a later occasion. Then you'll find the reception at the main bar, and you'll find a highly improved breakfast. :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Great location. We had booked it for two nights but a computer glitch on their end booked us for only one. Because of that we didn't get maid service. When I complained the hotel did give us a bottle of wine and the manager even offered to clean the room for us. I would stay here again! Question... Why does every shower in Norway leak under the shower door?

• Stayed August 2013
Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I truly appreciate your feedback. We work continuously to have our guests enjoy a comfortable stay at Clarion Collection No13 and every review is valuable to my staff and me. I cannot answer your question on behalf of the rest of Norway, but the issue is addressed at our hotel and I hope you'll find that the shower doesn't leak the next time you visit. ;)

I am especially happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, despite the booking issue, and your feedback warms and makes us very proud.

We hope to see you back soon!!
Belmont, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Our family of two adults and one teenager stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The location was ideal. We easily walked from the train station to the hotel when we arrived in Bergen. We found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. The room was decorated in bright purple and was very hip. We had enough space for three, even with the addition of a cot for our teenager. The large tv and spacious bathroom were appreciated. The breakfast was plentiful and the items were fresh and tasty. The location of No 13 made walking to all the points of interest possible and the fact that the hotel is on a pedestrian street made the walks quite pleasant. The service at the hotel was very good. The staff at the front desk were very helpful. They delivered a third set of towels immediately when we reported not having received them, they cheerfully answered all of our questions, and directed us to the appropriated stop for the airport shuttle upon our departure. We had a pleasant stay and would happily return to Bergen and to No 13.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TLK11
Hi!

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review of No13. I truly appreciate your feedback. We work continuously to have our guests enjoy a comfortable stay with us. I am especially happy that you enjoyed our location and the service at our small hotel. Your feedback warms and makes us especially proud.

We hope to see you and your family back soon!
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. The location is very comfortable, in the centre, near to the ferry, fish market, malls, attractions, restaurants ...
The hotel seems to be new. The furniture in the room is stylish and modern. Big window. Big plasma. The room wasn't big but enough for two and a lot of language.
We don't understand why the towels was so bad quality. We hear everything that happened on the floor :(
The breakfast offers good choice and products of quality.
Downstairs there is an Italian restaurant. Never empty. We had a dinner one time and we were satisfied.
In overall it is a good hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Hi :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I truly appreciate your feedback. We work continuously to have our guests enjoy a comfortable stay at Clarion Collection No13 and every review is valuable to my staff and me. I am especially happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at our small hotel and your feedback warms and makes us especially proud. We will certainly address the issues with the towels and ensure that they are of good quality. :)

We look forward to welcoming you as our guests at a later occasion.
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights. Location is perfect and rooms are quite funky. Service was also really good except that we had to carry our bags to the rooms ourselves. The Italian restaurant served some really good food. Breakfast was not on a grand scale but whatever was there was as fresh as it can get. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank nhs113
Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I truly appreciate your feedback. Every review is valuable to my staff and me. I am especially happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at our small hotel.

I would like to add that we review each negative issue seriously and work continuously to improve our services and ourselves.I hope that you will consider visiting us again and that you will find the breakfast meal to the level of your expectations. :)

We look forward to welcoming you as our guests at a later occasion.
Herzlia, Israel
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. The location is very good. On the pedestrian street. You can reach every attractuin by foot.
The hotel is new, modern and well planned.
Our room was comfertable and well equiped. The staff is nice and helpfull. Every one of the staff was nice and was ready to help in everything we asked for.
The Italien restaurant in the hotel is very tasty and the fact that you can get a voucher of 150 krones for a meal is quite good
I really recomend this hotel. The best in all Norway!!!

Room Tip: Our room no. 602 was beautiful and quite big
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nilyza_herzeliyya
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I truly appreciate your feedback. We work continuously to have our guests enjoy a comfortable stay and every review is valuable to my staff and me. I am especially happy that you enjoyed the service provided by my staff! Your feedback warms and makes us especially proud. Thank you!

We hope to see you back soon!!
Kent
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Just stayed here for 1 night and thought it was very good. Location in Bergen was excellent. Our room overlooked the courtyard, we had a small sitting area and it was very quiet. We did eat lunch there which was fine, but the service was a bit on the slow side. Would stay again if in Bergen.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are very quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KentJohn
Hi

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I truly appreciate your feedback. We work continuously to have our guests enjoy a comfortable stay at Clarion Collection No13 and I am especially happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at our small hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you as our guests at later occasion and you'll experience an even quicker service than before. :)