Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Steens Hotel(Bergen)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsan early flightterminal buildingcovered walkwayarrivals departuresclear glassfrosted glassgreat hotelnext morningquick checkrooms are modernshort staygreat breakfastmin walkcity centreexcellent locationtop floorstandard room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2011

If you are on business, this is a great hotel. Clean, good food and Very close to the airport.
Friendly staff as well.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2011

After arriving on a late fight it was so lovely to get into bed and best discription I could give is the bed gave me a hug ,so comfortable . The breakfast was out standing plenty of fruit very healthy and also plenty other opptions EXCELLENT WELL DONE ALL !!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet P
Bergenairport, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

Dear Trip Advisorer!
I would like to thank you for your very kind review, and hope to see you back in our hotel very soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

We had an early flight out of Bergen, and staying here was exactly what we needed before starting the long journedy back to SFO.

The hotel is new, clean and in excellent condition. It really is just minutes from the terminal. (walk out the hotel door, down the ramp and into the airport). Despite, the close proximity - there was no airport noise.

The rooms are small, but the beds and chairs were comfy. Well decorated, very clean. The bathroom was nice, but as mentioned by others - those frosted windows are disconcerting. The limited view in didn't bother me, but the glass didn't provide sound privacy if you catch the drift.

The odd thing about the room, was the lighting. Very good lighting, but I think the wiring was off. There were multiple control points and we had trouble leaving on some lights, while turning off others.

The dining room is nothing special to look at (although quite large), but the service and food were very good. We had dinner there and breakfast. They serve breakfast starting at 6 am. We were able to check in for our flight and walk back for a leisurely meal before the flight. Very nice, typical european breakfast buffet (we had a lot of those on this trip), and this was one of the better ones with more fruit options.

They had a nice hot tub, but we didn't get to use it. They also have massages available I believe, but we got there too late.

The bar was closed, but you could get drinks in the dining room or in your room mini bar.

Overall, a very good experience. I would recomment the place if you have an early flight or late arrival. Pricey, but so are all the hotels in Norway. :)

Room Tip: Called the hotel. All online sites said there were no rooms, but I called the hotel and was able to get a room with no problem.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sokanne
Bergenairport, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2011

Dear sokanne!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our hotel. I am very pleased you had a pleasant stay with us! Hence your tip about calling the hotel even other channels are closed, there are sometimes late cancellations, so it is a good idea for other travellers. Again - thank's a lot, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

I liked this hotel and have stayed there twice on conferences. The rooms are very good, love the beds, but it feels quit strange having a window between the bathroom and the bedroom. Can't hear any noise from the airport. Had some problems with the key system. The restaurants have a great buffet, but lots of the food taste very little and we felt like getting some of the same food at the buffet both at dinner and lunch. I forgot my jacket at the bar and it had disappeared the next day. The staff was very friendly and helpful looking for it, without success.

Room Tip: Sleep well!
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Britt F
Bergenairport, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Dear BrittHelene! I would like to thank you for giving our hotel such a nice and honest review, in spite the loss of your jacket. I can assure you that we have a very good system for taking care of lost and found, but this time we have not been able to locate your jacket. For that I am truly sorry!
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, and perhaps we can give you an even more tasteful experience in the restaurant as well.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

The hotel is literally a minute's walk to the airport departures, very convenient for early flights. The decor in the rooms is a bit overdone, and there is is little privacy when using the bathroom as there is a frosted glass wall between bedroom/bathroom. There is a good jacuzzi/steamroom/sauna on the top floor. You can sit in the sauna and look out over the runway! The steamroom could do with being warmer. Breakfast is probably the best you will find in Norway, they literally have EVERYTHING, with the emphasis on organic/ Fairtrade produce. They do omelettes made-to-order. As with most Norwegian hotels there is no tea/coffee making facility in the room, but guests can help themselves to tea/coffee opposite reception.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Tyronegirl1971

Dear Tyronegirl!
It is so great for me to read your review, and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about us!
We put a lot of effort into giving our guest a great breakfast experience, and a good start of the day. From your comments I can see that we are succeeding.
Regarding your comment on coffee making facilities, I can inform you that we offer this in our Deluxe rooms and Suites. For your next stay - do not hesitate to inquire more about this.
Welcome back!