“Best choice for travellers taking off early”

Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Bergen
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I had a 6.30 AM flight from Bergen airport and therefore chose Clarion for my stay. This was an excellent choise due to the location right at the aiport and even a super early breakfast.

I arrived in the evening and could already print my boarding pass in the hotel lobby for the morning flight. I also paid my stay already at check-in.

The hotel room was small but cosy apart from some black hair in the bed... a total put off for me. Other than that, it was very clean.
I did expect some more amenitites in the room, for example slippers and a bathrobe would have been quite thoughtful considering this is a 4-star hotel and they are proudly marketing the sauna on the top floor overlooking the runway.

Speaking of the sauna, I did went up and did find it quite cool to be looking at the planes taking off. Luckily I did not plan to go to the gym before the sauna, because I found it to be a tiny room with a treadmill and a stationary bike (or maybe 2?) and both of them were in use already.
I got little bit confused about the change room too, needed to check twice to take the door to the ladies'. Funny enough, there was no other females, but one of the lockers was in use, so I suspect one of the guys using the gym had already mistaken about the door...
I did enjoy relaxing in the sauna but it was quite a small one and I do wonder if I had stayed if those guys (or any other) would have stepped in too.

I slept perfectly well, even if short, and there was no noice whatsoever coming from the airport.

Breakfast was said to be "simple" at the early hours before the actual breakfast buffet opened, but honestly for me the "simple" brekafast was still a buffet style, really good! Lot of options, really a positive surprise as I was waiting for nothing else than a slice of bread and a fruit.

After breakfast I could simply walk down to the terminal.
Travellers, please be reminded not to leave it for the last minute to go to the terminal though - even if a quick walk, it appeared to be very busy over there and I stayed at least 30 minutes in the queue for the baggage drop. Perhaps better option would have been to go and leave the luggage super early and then come back for breakfast, but I thought about it too late.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Bergenairport, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear guest!

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We are happy to hear about your stay.
Regarding the gym: We are aware of the fact that the gym is to small, and will strive to find a better solution.

We wish you a wonderful summer!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

The hotel is noce and efficient, situated a 2 minutes walk from the airport terminal. Rooms and meeting rooms are good, the staff polite and helpful, but the best thing is their lunch! Always something special at the lunch buffet, italian sausages, good salads and last time even beef of whale!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Bergenairport, Manager at Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Dear guest!

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to deliver an innovative and varied lunch for our guests - We are so pleased to hear that you liked it!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is a fantastic hotel next to the airport. Beds are excellent. Toiletries are worth taking home. Staff are very polite,helpful and knowledgeable. You must eat the 'Snickers' dessert:) The bar has a good choice. The menu,although a little limited,is very good. Breakfast is very good,even if leaving at 5:30 in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2013
Bergenairport, Manager at Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear Peter!

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback.

I have to admit - we also LOVE our Snickers dessert!

Reviewed 4 May 2013

For an airport hotel it is excellent with easy walk direct to the terminal. Room was very nice and clean. Some rooms overlook the runways etc but half just overlook the car parks. Plenty of other viewing places if you get a car park view but are with children who might want to watch the planes. Breakfast was nice and started early so you can eat even if you have a 06:00 flight. After a very poor stay at the SAS blue @ Oslo airport recently it was very nice to stay in an airport hotel that is trying not just relying on it's location.
Note: If you are visiting Bergen itself then consider it a more central hotel.

Room Tip: Half the rooms overlook the runways etc but half just overlook the car parks so if it's importan...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Martin!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!
We continually strive for happy employees and satisfied guests.

We wish you a nice summer!

Reviewed 17 April 2013

My employer arranged our kick-off party at Clarion Hotel Bergen Airpor.
The room was excellent. Always clean and had the best bed ever.
We also used the conference facility which was perfect for over 100 persons.
At the evening we got served an excellent three course meal.
The staff performed a high class service the whole stay.

This hotel must be recommended!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear Kristian!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us!

We wish you a wonderful summer, hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2013

The advantages about this hotel are many. The food was amazing, my room was modern, the bed was comfortable, and it is literally at the airport. I expected there to be more noise from the airport, but I was surprised. I had a comfortable stay, and again, the food was fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Elise!

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback!

We really LOVE the fact that you can stay so close to the airport, without the noice.

We are delighted to hear that you liked our food.

A TripAdvisor Member
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The sleep you get in this hotel is simply the worst ever! The Ventilation is almost abscent, even if the hotel is very new, there is no function to control the fanspeed on the airvent except for the temp button.Even if you turn it to full - it's still warm inside the room after 12 hours, so I presume the ventilation is not working or they just didn't spend money on installing one!Although the sleep is of rather bad quality, the service and the staff are good, except that when I confronted them with the issue with the vent, they just didn't get it! Why not just build the hotel with windows to open in the first place! Would have solved it!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bergenairport, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear guest!

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had problems with the ventilation - We have taken all actions possible considering this problem. The windows in the hotel are closes due to airport traffic and somtimes pollution from the aircrafts.

We apologize for the inconvenience!