Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$225
US$179
US$168
US$194
Clarion Hotels
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel Terminus(Bergen)(Great Value!)
US$226
Travelocity
Klosterhagen Hotel(Bergen)(Great Value!)
US$191
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsan early flightterminal buildingcovered walkwayarrivals departuresclear glassfrosted glassgreat hotelnext morningquick checkrooms are modernshort staygreat breakfastmin walkcity centreexcellent locationtop floorstandard room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I have stayed at Clarion Bergen Airport hotel several times and must say it is the best Choice hotel I have been to. The people at the front desk always welcome you with a smile, the rooms are great, only downside is that the standard rooms are quite small. The beds are comfortable and rooms soundproof. The breakfast is great with a lot of different hot and cold options.
Location is perfect if you have to stay near the airport.
Only thing I don't like is that the gym on the top floor becomes crazy hot during summers.

Room Tip: I like the rooms with the airport view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank OscarMikeBravo
Bergenairport, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear guest!

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay, we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Clarion Hotel Bergen airport.
Regarding the gym - We are working on some options to make this a more suitable work out area.
Thank you! We look forward to see you again.

Best regards Tina Våtvik Olsen
General Manager - Clarion Hotel Bergen airport.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I had a 6.30 AM flight from Bergen airport and therefore chose Clarion for my stay. This was an excellent choise due to the location right at the aiport and even a super early breakfast.

I arrived in the evening and could already print my boarding pass in the hotel lobby for the morning flight. I also paid my stay already at check-in.

The hotel room was small but cosy apart from some black hair in the bed... a total put off for me. Other than that, it was very clean.
I did expect some more amenitites in the room, for example slippers and a bathrobe would have been quite thoughtful considering this is a 4-star hotel and they are proudly marketing the sauna on the top floor overlooking the runway.

Speaking of the sauna, I did went up and did find it quite cool to be looking at the planes taking off. Luckily I did not plan to go to the gym before the sauna, because I found it to be a tiny room with a treadmill and a stationary bike (or maybe 2?) and both of them were in use already.
I got little bit confused about the change room too, needed to check twice to take the door to the ladies'. Funny enough, there was no other females, but one of the lockers was in use, so I suspect one of the guys using the gym had already mistaken about the door...
I did enjoy relaxing in the sauna but it was quite a small one and I do wonder if I had stayed if those guys (or any other) would have stepped in too.

I slept perfectly well, even if short, and there was no noice whatsoever coming from the airport.

Breakfast was said to be "simple" at the early hours before the actual breakfast buffet opened, but honestly for me the "simple" brekafast was still a buffet style, really good! Lot of options, really a positive surprise as I was waiting for nothing else than a slice of bread and a fruit.

After breakfast I could simply walk down to the terminal.
Travellers, please be reminded not to leave it for the last minute to go to the terminal though - even if a quick walk, it appeared to be very busy over there and I stayed at least 30 minutes in the queue for the baggage drop. Perhaps better option would have been to go and leave the luggage super early and then come back for breakfast, but I thought about it too late.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Bergenairport, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear guest!

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We are happy to hear about your stay.
Regarding the gym: We are aware of the fact that the gym is to small, and will strive to find a better solution.

We wish you a wonderful summer!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

The hotel is noce and efficient, situated a 2 minutes walk from the airport terminal. Rooms and meeting rooms are good, the staff polite and helpful, but the best thing is their lunch! Always something special at the lunch buffet, italian sausages, good salads and last time even beef of whale!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Bergenairport, Manager at Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Dear guest!

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to deliver an innovative and varied lunch for our guests - We are so pleased to hear that you liked it!

Welcome back!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is a fantastic hotel next to the airport. Beds are excellent. Toiletries are worth taking home. Staff are very polite,helpful and knowledgeable. You must eat the 'Snickers' dessert:) The bar has a good choice. The menu,although a little limited,is very good. Breakfast is very good,even if leaving at 5:30 in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2013
Bergenairport, Manager at Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear Peter!

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback.

I have to admit - we also LOVE our Snickers dessert!

Welcome back!

Reviewed 4 May 2013

For an airport hotel it is excellent with easy walk direct to the terminal. Room was very nice and clean. Some rooms overlook the runways etc but half just overlook the car parks. Plenty of other viewing places if you get a car park view but are with children who might want to watch the planes. Breakfast was nice and started early so you can eat even if you have a 06:00 flight. After a very poor stay at the SAS blue @ Oslo airport recently it was very nice to stay in an airport hotel that is trying not just relying on it's location.
Note: If you are visiting Bergen itself then consider it a more central hotel.

Room Tip: Half the rooms overlook the runways etc but half just overlook the car parks so if it's important to you then just ask them and generally they can find you a runway view room..
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Martin!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!
We continually strive for happy employees and satisfied guests.

We wish you a nice summer!