“Good. All around.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Bergen
Vestlandet
“Good. All around.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Arrived in the middle of the night, but was still met by a very smiley girl who checked me in in about 20 seconds.
I slept like a log because it's a very quiet hotel, in spite of being located literally at the airport. Also because the beds are amazing and I sorely regret not buying a pillow, as they are just as amazing. Lovely linens without the clinical hospital-y feeling hotel linens sometimes get.
The room itself was just as promised and as good as when I've stayed before. Everything is clean and in order, and this goes for the bathroom as well. The food is good, and I had room service with a smile. I had planned going to the city when I woke up, but decided to just be happy for my second night and enjoy my stay in stead.

If I had to pick a couple of negative things it would be how I found the room to be just a couple of degrees too hot for my taste for sleeping even after I'd turned the thermostat all the way down, but that's just nitpicking. And I suppose some people will call it too expensive, but as long as I get the quality I pay for, I don't mind.

As I said: Good. All around.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Rosi S
Bergenairport, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear guest!

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you soon!

Tina Våtvik Olsen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Only stayed at the hotel one night, but that was more then enough to give me a great impression. The staff there is fantastisc. You immidetly feel welcome at Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport. Customer experience is obviously important to the staff there. And to top it all, the food is fantastic. Hope I get the chance to stay there again one day.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bergenairport, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear guest!

We have a wonderful and dedicated staff at Clarion Hotel Bergen airport - and we are so pleased to hear that you feel the same way!

Thank you for taking the time to give us such wonderful feedback.

Welcome back!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed at Radisson Blue in down town Bergen and at Clarion Bergen Airport Hotel the night before I flight back to Oslo. I have to say this hotel was very clean, the room was spectaculars. If you like a modern look, this hotel is for you. I had breakfast there and it was excellent. I wish this hotel could be located at down town Bergen.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dan D
Dear guest!

Big smile from us in Bergen - We are so happy to hear about your stay.

We thank you for your wonderful feedback!

Skillman, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

If you have to catch an early flight from Bergen this is the place to stay. 1 minute walk from hotel to terminal entrance. Hotel modern with standard quality rooms. Just don't plan to eat there. The food in the restaurant was the worst we experienced in our 3 week trip to Scandinavia.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest!

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback.

We are sorry that you had bad experience in our restaruant, we will continue our work to improve.

Northern CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Our experience reflects the other reviews with one exception. Don't know why no one else mentioned that on the stylish shelf by the mini bar featuring the bottle of wine for sale, there is no way to turn off the light showcasing it without turning off all power to the room. This means that you have a choice of either having that light on all night or using the flashlight to find your way around in the dark. The mini bar refrigerator also goes off! We asked the maid and management about it, and they said that's just the way it is.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bergenairport, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear guest!

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback.
We are sorry that our staff was uneable to show you how the light works

The switch by the bed regulates the light at the minibar, this way you can choose without taking the light in the entire room.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I have stayed at Clarion Bergen Airport hotel several times and must say it is the best Choice hotel I have been to. The people at the front desk always welcome you with a smile, the rooms are great, only downside is that the standard rooms are quite small. The beds are comfortable and rooms soundproof. The breakfast is great with a lot of different hot and cold options.
Location is perfect if you have to stay near the airport.
Only thing I don't like is that the gym on the top floor becomes crazy hot during summers.

Room Tip: I like the rooms with the airport view
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank OscarMikeBravo
Bergenairport, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear guest!

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay, we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Clarion Hotel Bergen airport.
Regarding the gym - We are working on some options to make this a more suitable work out area.
Thank you! We look forward to see you again.

Best regards Tina Våtvik Olsen
General Manager - Clarion Hotel Bergen airport.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

I had a 6.30 AM flight from Bergen airport and therefore chose Clarion for my stay. This was an excellent choise due to the location right at the aiport and even a super early breakfast.

I arrived in the evening and could already print my boarding pass in the hotel lobby for the morning flight. I also paid my stay already at check-in.

The hotel room was small but cosy apart from some black hair in the bed... a total put off for me. Other than that, it was very clean.
I did expect some more amenitites in the room, for example slippers and a bathrobe would have been quite thoughtful considering this is a 4-star hotel and they are proudly marketing the sauna on the top floor overlooking the runway.

Speaking of the sauna, I did went up and did find it quite cool to be looking at the planes taking off. Luckily I did not plan to go to the gym before the sauna, because I found it to be a tiny room with a treadmill and a stationary bike (or maybe 2?) and both of them were in use already.
I got little bit confused about the change room too, needed to check twice to take the door to the ladies'. Funny enough, there was no other females, but one of the lockers was in use, so I suspect one of the guys using the gym had already mistaken about the door...
I did enjoy relaxing in the sauna but it was quite a small one and I do wonder if I had stayed if those guys (or any other) would have stepped in too.

I slept perfectly well, even if short, and there was no noice whatsoever coming from the airport.

Breakfast was said to be "simple" at the early hours before the actual breakfast buffet opened, but honestly for me the "simple" brekafast was still a buffet style, really good! Lot of options, really a positive surprise as I was waiting for nothing else than a slice of bread and a fruit.

After breakfast I could simply walk down to the terminal.
Travellers, please be reminded not to leave it for the last minute to go to the terminal though - even if a quick walk, it appeared to be very busy over there and I stayed at least 30 minutes in the queue for the baggage drop. Perhaps better option would have been to go and leave the luggage super early and then come back for breakfast, but I thought about it too late.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bergenairport, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Bergen Airport, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear guest!

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We are happy to hear about your stay.
Regarding the gym: We are aware of the fact that the gym is to small, and will strive to find a better solution.

We wish you a wonderful summer!