Skuteviken Guesthouse
US$193
US$177
  • Breakfast included
The Hanseatic Hotel(Bergen)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$203
US$166
Clarion Hotels
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel Terminus(Bergen)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$278
US$228
Hotel No 13
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsloft apartmenttop floorguest house is locatedowners were friendlyequipped kitchenetteperfect hoststraditional wooden housestrain stationshort walkfive nightscity centrean easy walkperfect locationa nice place to staybed was comfortablewithin walking distancevisiting bergen
Reviewed 1 July 2012

The hosts were so unfriendly that we had to leave earlier than planned. We arrived by midnight, quite tired, but the owner, an old gentleman, started to chat with his wife on the phone for half an hour in pure Norwegian, while we were waiting at the reception. He refused to give us the key. When he finally did, the room appeared small as a wardrobe, noisy and uncomfortable. No breakfast at all, and payment in advance. Very old furniture and dirty bathroom. Well...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank KirillBabaev
Reviewed 19 June 2012

What can I say about these two lovely people that hasn't already been mentioned. I arrived Monday morning exhausted from my long flight and Solveig was sitting at the front desk waiting for me. While my room was being prepared we begin a nice conversation about my first trip to Scandinavia. After sometime the room was ready and her husband took my luggage to my lovely flat.
The flat was more tha I had expected, very clean, comfortable and accommodating for my needs.
This is a wonderful couple, they are willing to make your visit an great one. On my last day they arranged for a early morning taxi pickup to the train. I appreciate all they have done. I would most likely stay here again and suggest you give it a try too.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2012

It's about 25mins walking from the train station/bus terminal, and next to a bus stop, there's Bus#3, #4, #18. #18 can take you to the Bus Terminal.

Every room has kitchen facilities available. We love the design which is comfortable and clean. The owner is very nice to tell us where to eat and the best way to see Bergen.

There are lot of information of their rooms and transportation information on their website.

We felt the price is a bit high. The way the price showed on their website is a bit confusing - 2 persons: NOK 500,- pr. person pr. night. The last part "pr. person pr. night" written in smaller size. So I had thought it's NOK500 for 2 persons. But this might be a beatiful accident. What do you expect in Bergen? A popular tourism city in a expensive country.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed at Skuteviken for two nights in late May. We made the mistake of choosing to take an earlier train from Flam and didn't realize nobody would be at the guesthouse to meet us. Luckily for us, another guest that was staying at the guesthouse saw us on the street and let us in. I tried calling the owner on his cell and also texting and e-mailing and got no answer until much later that evening. It was a mistake on our part, but I felt the owner could have been a little nicer about it. He did meet us early the next morning to get our payment and gave us some explanations and dinner suggestions. I didn't find him that friendly. We did like the location and the room was comfortable. It was smaller than I expected and I don't think you would want to cook and eat in, as there really isn't a dining table to sit at. This wasn't a problem for us, as we were only there for 2 nights. The one thing that did bother us was that the curtain in the bedroom did not block any light and there was a lamp post right outside the bedroom window which faces the bed. In summer in Bergen, daylight starts at 4 AM, so we woke up very early with all the light.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cathe_rio
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I've just returned from my Bergen trip and I must say Skuteviken guesthouse is a perfect location even for a longer stay. It's within walking distance to historic Bryggen and on your way you pass the beatiful medieval Bergenhus fortress in a nice park.
The interior in guesthouse is simple but cosy and comfortable (the bed in apartament no.3 is one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in!). Very friendly owner.
Steep and spiral stairs can, however, be a problem for a person who is not very fit.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family