“Worst fish soup I have tried served with some sort of old hard bread”

Skyskraperen Restaurant
Ranked #149 of 435 Restaurants in Bergen
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

I could say this place is overpriced, and think, ok, I am paying for the view. But once I tasted their fish soup, I realised it was a mistake to enter the place to eat. I ordered the fish soup. The soup was very salty, with a hint of fish (a few bits of a white type of fish) mixed with julienne vegetables (raw), in a base of a creamy liquid, finished with some sort of green oil. The entire dish was off, smelled bad (I think it was the vegetables, specially the cabbage, mixed with the aroma of fish). This was served with a couple of slices of sour dough bread, with an incredibly tough crust, so tough that made my palate bleed. To resume, the meal was just bad. If you are visiting, avoid the food. View is great, but ruined by the food served at this place. Btw... The waiters never come and asked if the food was good, I reckon is because they want to avoid the conflict of having to deal with complaints.

Date of visit: September 2018
3  Thank alexbW8321TJ

Reviewed 2 September 2018

This restaurant on top of Mount Ulriken has a nice terrasse with views on the entire city of Bergen and the surroundings. Only took a snack in the restaurant but it was good.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

Our family of four dined here our last night in Bergen. The view is incredible on a clear night. We had burgers, a cheese plate and a salmon sandwich. Cost with drinks was about $1100 NOK. Everything was terrific. Wish we'd planned better and taken some time to hike once we were up on the top. Definitely take your hiking shoes and explore. Don't miss this if you are in Bergen.

Date of visit: August 2018
Anders I, Daglig leder at Skyskraperen Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Thank you for the visit and the kind words, welcome back any time!

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Why the dickens do they play speaker music in the restaurant at spectacular wonder of nature??? Why can’t we be allowed to marvel at the view without annoying “elevator music”?

Date of visit: July 2018
Anders I, Daglig leder at Skyskraperen Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Dear Bo
Sorry you found our background musikk with local musicians annoying!
If you had let us know you felt this way when you were in the restaurant we maybe could have lowered the volume or turned it off, so that you could have enjoyed our spectacular view of Bergen and surrounding areas.......
We are equally very sorry you felt the need to give us a bad review here because we support our local musicians!!!!!!!!

Have a great day, and welcome back to wonderful mount Ulriken.

Skyskraperen Restaurant @Ulriken643

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

It takes as long as walking up to Ulriken to get served. It's truly a patience test. My girlfriend almost went into hypothermia waiting for the food... I was starting to philosophy about the meaning of life... However... After an eternity and back.. The food came... And it was actually very good...

Dear Joachim
Thank you for leting us know that our FOOD IS VERY GOOD...

Sorry that you this day had to wait for a little while, normally we serve our food much faster than anyone can run up the mountain!

Welcome back for a quick