“Complete”

Hanne pa Hoyden
Price range: US$0 - US$320
Cuisines: Norwegian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hanne på Høyden er et nyskapende og spennende spisested tuftet på det opprinnelige: Norsk matkultur med råvarer fra lokale og norske produsenter. Hanne På Høyden, som også er innredet med norsk design, drives av Årets kjøkkensjef 2005/Årets Bondekokk 2006, Hanne Frosta. Hannes visjon er å formilde norsk matstolthet i tidsriktig drakt og tilbyr varierte menyer med norske råvarer, økologisk mat, småretter, cateringmenyer og selskapsmenyer, basert på det beste sesongen har å by på. Restauranten er medlem av Smak av kysten, og benytter kun de beste råvarer fra line- eller rusefanget fersk fisk bare et kast unna Bergen.
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Food, atmosphere and service was excellent!
This restaurant has focused on local, inn-season, ecological food since they started. I had beef from a farm just over the mountain and my fiancé had fish caught right outside of Bergen. The service was impressive with knowledge about all the dishes as well as detailed information about the cheeses we had for desert. You can tell that the staff is genuinely interested in food and produce as there are is a book shelf with all the "right" references. (Not just fancy stuff for display). All in all a very good impression. Ask the staff for details about the food. Very interesting.

1  Thank Ragnar2013

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Good atmosphere and Food. Service is good.Specially good at Norwegian local Food. That is the speciallity. Good drinks. Nice Place

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I took my mom and sister to Hanne pa Hoyden for their birthdays tonight. Sister's was 50th so was looking for something special in Bergen to celebrate. After reading the reviews - this one seemed to fit the bill. We had an amazing food experience - especially since my sister is vegan and they accommodated her beautifully. Unfortunately the service was atrocious. I am in the industry in San Francisco - so actually, I am extremely forgiving regarding timing, etc. But watching other tables receive their entrees hours before ours were served was ridiculous. I hate to say it, but we were the only Americans in the restaurant that evening and I couldn't help feeling that was the reason. No one ever came to check how our meal was and we spent an extra 40 minutes waiting for the bill - I had to approach our server and he waived his hands at me away. This was an expensive meal and I feel the service did not live up to the price or reviews. Very disappointed, as I cannot recapture this experience for my sister and mom. Love Bergen, Loved the food, service is lacking...

Reviewed 24 August 2013

After the anticipation and reading the reviews for this restaurant my partner and I were extremely disappointed. The fact that the place was half empty and they wouldn't let us sit by the window was the start of the farce. We ordered the 3 course set menu with wine pairings. The fish (tusk) starter was good but not exceptional. The next course of lamb was so salty that we almost sent it back but we were both pretty hungry and in hindsight this was a mistake. The cabbage,broccoli and the morell mushrooms that were on the plate with the lamb were all heavily salted too. How this is even close to a possible michelin star is quite beyond comprehension. When we pointed out that the meal was too salty to the waitress after she asked if we were enjoying it the only response was a smile. We didn't even have a dessert/cheese plate. This is not the cheapest restaurant around and certainly not even close to the best so it was no surprise that it was half empty when we left around 9.45/10. Along with the fruit flies that were flying around our wine this is possibly one of the worst experiences I have had in Scandanavia.Save your money and go to 1877 or somewhere else that will care a lot more.

3  Thank LavishMactavish
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We had a very good meal at Hanne på høyden. In France, this would have been a Bib in the Michelin guide, if you ask me. Good athmosphere, local, superbly fresh ingredients, combined in ways we had never tasted before, This, combined with a good and charming somellier who served a choice of elegant and complementary wines with every dish, made the meal excellent.
The carpaccio of reindeer with raspberries, the fresh monk-fish and the berries picked the same afternoon for desert, was close to perfection.