“Great food”

Cuisines: French, Swedish, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sentrum
Description: The name "Naboen" means neighbor, and this is just what the Naboen Pub & Restaurant is, a friendly and inviting place to eat and drink. Hospitality is job one here, and the Scandinavian kitchen, staff and culinary tradition are representative of Norway. The food is all made from scratch, as it would have been two hundred years ago - no processed ingredients allowed. Naboens' menu is a culinary delight, one heaped in Nordic tradition, and best of all moderately priced. Guests here partake of Norwegian food and spirits as they should be enjoyed, Bergen style.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We had been recommended this restaurant and were happy to see a 'T A' award on the window as we walked in.
We were shown to a table, a jug of water was plonked on our table and we waited. Given the menu we decided on our drinks and food options and we waited. On ordering our drink options we were told the wine of choice was not available so went to option two, that also was not available finally the third choice was available. I was given my wine my hubby had to wait 10 mins for his beer. We were not made to feel comfortable and there was minimum verbal contact from the waitress.
The hake that we both ordered was delicious. Fresh, cooked to perfection and well presented. A much better option than eating at the fish market in my opinion.
If I was only rating the food, I would give an 'excellent'.

Possible suggestion for the waiter that accidentally spilt a large full glass of beer and 1/4 of a bottle of Coke over the table and customer. It was good that you immediately collected napkins to soak up the liquid, then settled the couple at the next table. However, I am sure they would have appreciated getting their replacement drink (on the house) BEFORE you reset the table.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

During the week of July 21, we dined at Naboen on two occasions. The first time, as recommended by others, we had our meal downstairs in the pub area. The emphasis here is on their "Swedish Dinner" menu. Prices, at least for Norway were reasonable. Our second visit we ate upstairs. The same menu was available at the same prices but also had more expensive entrees. The salmon and the lamb stew are especially good. Our server was efficient and professional. I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank bobecus
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Booked and ate in upstairs restauarant.
What to say. Be prepared to pay. But enjoy good food in an unpretentious atmosphere. Great service, great food, all diners enjoyed their choice. Others have said enough. This is a good choice for a meal in Bergen.

1  Thank KEG12
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The starters were OK, while the main courses were all amazing. The menu should have a few more options. But overall our experience was very nice and I would highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Abhishek P
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I has been eating in Naboen yesterday.. This place is probably the place with most variety in beers to choose on town at a good price.. The food was also amazing.. We both had "plankebiff" that is a nice cut of meat with potato purée and barnese sauce, the meat was very soft and perfectly cooked.. It taste delicious.. The place is very popular and is downstairs.. Upstairs is another restaurant.. The service is a little slow when is a lot of people in the restaurant but is normal in most eating places unless you go to fast food.. About the prices.. Are good comparing to other restaurants in Bergen.. A meal for 2 can cost around 480 kroner
Including drinks.
We highly recommend "Naboen" in your visit in Bergen!

2  Thank KeniaBorrero