“Best hotel of 8 we visited in Scandinavia”

Clarion Collection Hotel Bryggen
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Alesund
dallas
“Best hotel of 8 we visited in Scandinavia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Exceeded expectations. We stayed in room 104, and it would be worthwhile to call the hotel and ask for this room or one similar to it: one with a sliding patio door facing the water with 2 relaxing chairs. The view was perfect and allowed us to watch the boats and people on the canal. After a day of hiking in the nearby hills, our room with this great view was the perfect place to relax and enjoy a beer, which we kept cold in the mini-fridge. The hotel staff were friendly and worked hard to make our stay pleasant. The hotel director personally served coffee during breakfast and chatted with guests. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank john0105
Camilla E, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Bryggen, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear John,
I appreciate a lot your feedback. Thank you!!. When you just mention the thing like I served coffee and that the staff work hard to do the best for the guest. Also glad that you got a room like 104 so you could enjoy the view of the boats and relax at the same time. Best of 8 hotel in Scandinavia is amazing feedback for us. Thank you again and wish you all good! Remember that you are always welcome back to us.
Best regards, Camilla

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I can truly recommend this hotel. Excellent service and friendly staff. Feeling as being home. Great that food is included. I forgot my hat and the staff managed to mail it back which was very appreciated.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks Magnus. It feels good to read the feedback from you. Wish you a nice august and you are always welcome back to Clarion Collection Hotel Bryggen in Ålesund.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a great place to stay in Alesund. The hotel has a very central location with lovely views over the water and towards Mount Aksla from some of the rooms / the breakfast room. As soon as I walked in I felt comfortable immediately. The public areas of the hotel are attractive and well designed with nice lounge/seating areas and a bright and airy breakfast room. We had booked a superior twin which was very spacious with a lovely seating area overlooking the water (so we could watch the boats come and go) and a good bathroom with a big walk-in shower. We were on the 5th floor and the room was really quiet too. The breakfast buffet was good and the extra's that the hotel provide at no extra charge - tea & coffee and fresh fruit all day, fresh waffles in the afternoon and an evening buffet - were great and make the hotel good value for money - especially for Norway. If you had a room on the lower floors over the water you could even borrow a fishing rod and fish from your room! Apart from all of the above one of the things that make this hotel so good is the staff. Everyone is really helpful and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The hotel manager and all of her team really do make you feel welcome here. I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I went back to Alesund and based on my experience here I would definitely book a Clarion hotel elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Camilla E, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Bryggen, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Queenie!
Thank you my dearest guest. It is such a pleasure to read your comments. It is very important for us that the hotel experience at Clarion Collection Hotel Bryggen is a little different compare to other hotels. My staff and me try to do the little extras just by being our self’s. I am glad you enjoyed it and you are always welcome back!
Best regards Camilla, the hotel manager :-)
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel has a very nice interior design, great location and is very clean. In addition, it feels very hospitable: the staff is nice and helpful and the free meals since morning till night are a big advantage. I have never enjoyed my stay so much in any other hotel.

Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Camilla E, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Bryggen, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Petra,
Thank you. Youre feedback means a lot to the staff, the hotel and me. I kind of do not have words when I read your last sentence. I am lucky to be the manager in this hotel and I am lucky to have guests like you. Thank you again and you are always welcome back.
Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I really can't think of anything they could improve on. The staff were all super helpful and friendly, the location is excellent, and the room was very good. The breakfast was great, and the best thing was the free supper. It wasn't really just a supper, we used it as our dinner. There was lovely fresh bread, lots of salad ingredients, and a hot dish. I would go out of my way to stay there again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking time giving us such a good review. It is great to read that you enjoyed us and the whole hotel. Thank you again. Wish you a very good summer and welcome back to Clarion Collection Hotel Bryggen.

Best Regards Camilla
Trondheim
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

One of the most pleasant hotels I ever stayed in. And I travel a lot. Perfect location in a very nice town. I had a large room located againt the canal. And for the first time in my life I was able to go fishing directly from my hotel room, with a fishing rod loaned in the reception. It was “catch and release”, and I enjoyed it. I also took the time to visit the relax- and fitness department, a little bit small, but pleasant, and I appreciated it. Very nice food at the hotel, especially the klipfishcasserole. So there is no doubt when I go back to Ålesund; this is “my” hotel.

Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

1 Thank Frode D
Camilla E, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Bryggen, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for giving this amazing feedback. It is cool that it is possible to fish form the room. Glad that you had a good time and that you liked the bacalao, the food is important. Thank you again and wish you a nice summer. Welcome back to Clarion Collection Hotel Bryggen.
Best regards Camilla
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I chose to book this hotel after reading the reviews...good hotel, great location. The rooms are spacious and it's easy to get around the city by walking everywhere from the hotel. We had a room with a beautiful view of the water, we appreciated the view very much. If you're looking for a place to stay and you care about it's location, this is where you want to stay, it's in a nice, safe, beautiful neighborhood which is close to everything!

Make sure to take a tour of the Geiranger fjord...there is a bus to ferry tour, well worth it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Camilla E, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Bryggen, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for coming to Clarion Collection Hotel Bryggen. I’m glad you had a good time and that you enjoyed especially the room and the location. Your tip about Geiranger is also very important. It is a lot of beautiful fjords and mountain around Ålesund.
Wish you a nice summer and welcome back.
Best regards Camilla