Hotel Brosundet, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Alesund
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This Nice hotel is over all my expectations. Great location, friendly service, very good food.
It made our trip very successfull. Surrounded by nice setting. Several activities, choose the sea safari, and go sea fishing. Dont forget to rent à car and visit the storfjord.

1  Thank Faris010
Camilla E, General Manager at Hotel Brosundet, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you of all my heart. It is wounderful to read that it went over your expectations.
Wish you a wounderful August month and you are welcome back to CC Hotel Bryggen any time.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The hotel combines historic character, with brilliant displays of shipping and fishing objects from when it was a warehouse, with a clever conversion into a modern hotel e.g. the bathroom was excellent. Staff were very helpful throughout, the mid-afternoon waffles and coffee much-appreciated; and the location is great beside the harbour and so close to museums and shops etc. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone going to Norway.

Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Dear guest,
Thank you for recommending us on Tripadvisor. It is very important that the hotel experience is good and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Exceeded expectations. We stayed in room 104, and it would be worthwhile to call the hotel and ask for this room or one similar to it: one with a sliding patio door facing the water with 2 relaxing chairs. The view was perfect and allowed us to watch the boats and people on the canal. After a day of hiking in the nearby hills, our room with this great view was the perfect place to relax and enjoy a beer, which we kept cold in the mini-fridge. The hotel staff were friendly and worked hard to make our stay pleasant. The hotel director personally served coffee during breakfast and chatted with guests. Highly recommended.

1  Thank john0105

Dear John,
I appreciate a lot your feedback. Thank you!!. When you just mention the thing like I served coffee and that the staff work hard to do the best for the guest. Also glad that you got a room like 104 so you could enjoy the view of the boats and relax at the same time. Best of 8 hotel in Scandinavia is amazing feedback for us. Thank you again and wish you all good! Remember that you are always welcome back to us.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I can truly recommend this hotel. Excellent service and friendly staff. Feeling as being home. Great that food is included. I forgot my hat and the staff managed to mail it back which was very appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks Magnus. It feels good to read the feedback from you. Wish you a nice august and you are always welcome back to Clarion Collection Hotel Bryggen in Ålesund.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a great place to stay in Alesund. The hotel has a very central location with lovely views over the water and towards Mount Aksla from some of the rooms / the breakfast room. As soon as I walked in I felt comfortable immediately. The public areas of the hotel are attractive and well designed with nice lounge/seating areas and a bright and airy breakfast room. We had booked a superior twin which was very spacious with a lovely seating area overlooking the water (so we could watch the boats come and go) and a good bathroom with a big walk-in shower. We were on the 5th floor and the room was really quiet too. The breakfast buffet was good and the extra's that the hotel provide at no extra charge - tea & coffee and fresh fruit all day, fresh waffles in the afternoon and an evening buffet - were great and make the hotel good value for money - especially for Norway. If you had a room on the lower floors over the water you could even borrow a fishing rod and fish from your room! Apart from all of the above one of the things that make this hotel so good is the staff. Everyone is really helpful and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The hotel manager and all of her team really do make you feel welcome here. I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I went back to Alesund and based on my experience here I would definitely book a Clarion hotel elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Camilla E, General Manager at Hotel Brosundet, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Queenie!
Thank you my dearest guest. It is such a pleasure to read your comments. It is very important for us that the hotel experience at Clarion Collection Hotel Bryggen is a little different compare to other hotels. My staff and me try to do the little extras just by being our self’s. I am glad you enjoyed it and you are always welcome back!
Best regards Camilla, the hotel manager :-)

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel has a very nice interior design, great location and is very clean. In addition, it feels very hospitable: the staff is nice and helpful and the free meals since morning till night are a big advantage. I have never enjoyed my stay so much in any other hotel.

Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Camilla E, General Manager at Hotel Brosundet, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Petra,
Thank you. Youre feedback means a lot to the staff, the hotel and me. I kind of do not have words when I read your last sentence. I am lucky to be the manager in this hotel and I am lucky to have guests like you. Thank you again and you are always welcome back.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I really can't think of anything they could improve on. The staff were all super helpful and friendly, the location is excellent, and the room was very good. The breakfast was great, and the best thing was the free supper. It wasn't really just a supper, we used it as our dinner. There was lovely fresh bread, lots of salad ingredients, and a hot dish. I would go out of my way to stay there again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking time giving us such a good review. It is great to read that you enjoyed us and the whole hotel. Thank you again. Wish you a very good summer and welcome back to Clarion Collection Hotel Bryggen.

Best Regards Camilla