“A Welcome, At-Home Feel”

Hotel Brosundet, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Alesund
Norfolk, VA
“A Welcome, At-Home Feel”
Reviewed 15 June 2006

A nice hotel. Although the rooms are basic, they are large (with wood floors, no carpeting), and have beautiful views of the Alesund Harbor. The staff is so friendly. I am a member of the Choice Club of Scandanavia; I used accrued points for a free stay here. When I checked in, the young man behind the desk saw that I was a Choice Club member and immediately held out is hand, shook my hand, and gave me a very enthusiastic "Welcome to Alesund! We are so happy to have you staying with us." I travel extensively for business, and in 84 trips to Europe (in less than 8 years) I have never received such a welcome greeting upon my first stay at a hotel. The young man even went outside and found me a FREE parking space while I was wheeling my luggage to my room. (Parking in Norway, like everything else, is expensive.) There is a nice breakfast buffet and a light dinner buffet that comes with the price of the room (all rates). The Alesund harbor area is right at your feet, with most of Alesund also within walking distance. And Alesund is very charming. Defintely a recommended hotel!

• Stayed May 2006
5 Thank Dolly123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
brawley, ca
Reviewed 17 August 2005

My 14 year old son and I stayed there in July. Our room was large so was the bathroom (big shower) and we had a great view of the harbor. In addition to the traditional norwegian breakfast, there was also tea in the afternoon and a light supper that was complimentary. It was also one of the few hotels in Norway that allowed free internet access in the lobby.

I wish we had more time to explore the city because it was beautiful

• Stayed July 2005
5 Thank rickysmom
Travellers also viewed these Alesund hotels
Hotel Brosundet
First Hotel Atlantica
First Hotel Atlantica
#7 of 12 in Alesund
Quality Hotel Waterfront Alesund

Been to Hotel Brosundet, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Brosundet, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Property: Hotel Brosundet, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Address: Apotekergata 1-3, Alesund 6004, Norway (Formerly Clarion Collection Hotel Bryggen)
Region: Norway > Western Norway > More og Romsdal > Alesund
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
#1 Business Hotel in Alesund
#1 Romantic Hotel in Alesund
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel Brosundet, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Nordic Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Brosundet, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Clarion Collection Ålesund