Our first experience with the Scandic chain - I wish basic US chain hotels were like this, with rooms in a modern Scandinavian style (think more IKEA than high-end, but a welcome relief from the beige blandness of typical US hotel rooms). All staff we encountered were friendly and helpful (the airport bus is a bit tricky since it's timed for flights rather than a constant, regular schedule - ask them for help, cause you really don't want to pay for a taxi here). Breakfast, as usual in Scandinavia, was very good, although fairly crowded. We had one of the upper floor rooms with the sloped ceiling and dormer windows that looked out over the bay - very nice.
The hotel is quite centrally located, and Ålesund is a very compact, walkable little city. We had a couple days of just beautiful weather, perfect for exploring this gorgeous but sleepy town.
Would happily return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Scandic Ålesund! Stay at the Scandic Ålesund hotel overlooking the harbour in central Alesund.Unwind in the sauna and enjoy the waterside views from our bar and restaurant. Close to the commercial district, the hotel has 8 meeting rooms. The Alesund Museum is just 5 minutes' walk away and the Fjellstua view point 2,4 kilometers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Scandic Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scandic Alesund reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Alesund Hotel Alesund
- Scandic Alesund Ålesund
- Scandic Alesund Hotel Ålesund