Fantastic location by the waters edge & about a 10min walk from the Hurtigruten dock or 5mins walk to the main bus station. In a city of beautiful old Art Nouveau buildings the modern Scandic building kind of sticks out in not a good way, but the interior is better. Our room was rather large, quite long & with slight water views at the end of the room. Breakfast was good & it's a nice relaxing way to start the day overlooking the port. Got their airport transfer back to the airport which was definitely more convenient than getting the regular bus & didn't cost much more either. Just be aware that it picks up guests from numerous other hotels too & takes longer due to that. Alesund is a very small and compact city / town, so everything is close by, especially the interesting Jugendstilsenteret (only 2mins walk). Staying here was a bit of a splurge & it was probably the most expensive place we stayed at in Norway. So if you don't mind the price tag or can find a good deal, definitely would recommend a stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Scandic Ålesund! Stay at the Scandic Ålesund hotel overlooking the harbour in central Alesund.Unwind in the sauna and enjoy the waterside views from our bar and restaurant. Close to the commercial district, the hotel has 8 meeting rooms. The Alesund Museum is just 5 minutes' walk away and the Fjellstua view point 2,4 kilometers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Scandic Alesund reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Alesund Hotel Alesund
- Scandic Alesund Ålesund
- Scandic Alesund Hotel Ålesund