“Nice hotel Fantastc service”
Review of Scandic Alesund

Scandic Alesund
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Alesund
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel Fantastc service”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed here when traveling on business. The hotel is clean , warm and bright and situated in the middle of the town and close to the water. All in all a plesent environment. What made it outstanding in my view was the service. Our flight was delayed and it was close to midnight when we arrived so everywhere was closed , after checking everyone in the receptionist very kindly offered to make us sandwiches as the restaurant had been closed for a couple of hours and very nice they were. At this point I realised I had lost my cell phone.As it was 1am I decided to wait till the morning . Which was when the receptionist Catheryn swung into action. She called the airport,the travel agents and finally tracked down the bus company and the driver, who found my phone and sent it to the hotel for which many thanks . Again I would like to commend wonderful customer service.
PS the breakfast is pretty good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank David C
Silje Viken S, General Manager at Scandic Alesund, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear guest.

It makes me SO proud to read your reply, and I am so happy to hear that the receptionists gave you the service you deserve. They are pretty awesome! :-)
And good to hear that you got a sandwich, and that your phone was found.

I hope to see you here soon, and wishing you a wonderful summer.

Best regards proud General Manager, Silje

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Vigo
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The hotel feels quite reasonable though the price is still high in relation with south europe standards. Nordic feeling is all arround with simple furniture and nordic bed clothing. Everything is very clean but the rooms lack some more equipment and charm. Not easy to feel a at home for people comming from Spain.
Great location in the city centre and convenient parking lot beside.
Good breakfast and quite reasonable meals for dinner at not so reasonable nordic prices.

Room Tip: Las floor have huge windows from the ceiling to ground if you like them, too much light can enter at...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, that means a lot to us.
I am happy to hear that you liked your stay here with us.

Hope to see you here again soon, and wishing you a beautiful summer.

Best regards Silje
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I love the place! The room we stayed at was very spacious. Two big beds with a lot of space to move around. The room was clean same with the stuff provided; sheets, towels, comforter, etc.

An elegant place and good for anybody who happens to be staying there, both for the kids and adults.

There's a way around the building for the parking space and so it was not a problem at all.

Friendly staff and very accommodating.

Their breakfast was superb! Great foods and drinks with a very nice view outside. I was with a family and the kids loved the place as well.

We had a great time there and the price was very reasonable. Worth every penny you paid for. :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cindy A
Silje Viken S, General Manager at Scandic Alesund, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is very important to us.

It makes me very happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay here at the hotel.
And it makes us all very proud to read your feedback.
I hope to see you here at the hotel soon again.

Wishing you a wonderful spring-time!
Norway
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I had been rhere for two weeks and I felt like home. Employees in the front desk were always very kind, good food in the restaurant and the 24h snack bar makes life easier durimg the rainy and snowy days.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank karina_an
Silje Viken S, General Manager at Scandic Alesund, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for leaving a review of your stay at Scandic Ålesund. We appreciate all the feedback we can get and are pleased you had good meals in Molja restaurant.
I am proud when the team succeed to give good service and will bring your kind words forward to the staff at front desk.
We hope to be able to welcome you back to Scandic Ålesund sometimes soon.
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The Scandic Alesund was a suitable hotel for our families needs.
- Our youngest child enjoyed the children's play area.
- We all enjoyed the Jamie Oliver inspired Buffet Breakfast.
- Easy check-in and out with easy access parking under the hotel (although an extra cost).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
First of all I would like to thank you for leaving a review of your stay at Scandic Ålesund. We are pleased to hear from a family point of view and that you enjoyed your stay. We are glad our play area is popular among the children.
The breakfast, inspired by Jamie Oliver, has 101 items and we are happy to hear that you all enjoyed.
We hope to be able to welcoming you back sometime soon to give you the same experience...
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I had to go to Alesund t help out at our office there, and my good neighbor recommended this hotel. And frankly, I must say that I did not regret it. I stayed for six days, and enjoyed every minute of it. Room 503 was my "home away from home". The view out to the harbor and the scenic mountains was fantastic.
And such friendly staff at the front desk and especially in the restaurant. Talking about restaurant, the food was fantastic. A gourmets delight. Keep away from those posh expensive hotels. This is the place to stay when in Alesund.
I promise: Next time in Alesund, It will be at the Scandic.

Room Tip: 503, or any room in fifth floor facing the harbor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay at Scandic Ålesund. We are happy and proud to hear that you enjoyed every minute of your six days stay with us. I am proud to hear that our Team in front office and restaurant (and kitchen) was giving you the service you deserved. I will forward your toughts to our Team.
Our rooms ovelooking the harbor are the most popular and we will be happy to book one for your next stay.
Welcome back to Scandic Ålesund.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Enjoyed our stay here. Hotel is on the water-front, so great views of the harbour from the room. Staff are professional and friendly and good with advice for places to visit,etc...
As has previously been said by other reviewers, the breakfast here is really good - whether you want the full English or Scandinavian fish (or both...)!

Rooms are clean and decor is fine, mostly wood. Bathroom quite 'old fashioned' rather than with all modern fittings, so no power-shower for example.

Beautiful, quiet town - great for walks, visiting scenic fjords by ferry or car, and similar.
Good for change of pace - small seaside fishing town.
Shopping is quite boutiquey and expensive - wasn't for me.
Plenty of top seafood restaurants on the other hand.
Eating out is expensive so rather eat the quality local seafood than pay £20 for a burger...but it will be expensive wherever you go, based on our experience.

We stayed 5 nights which was probably a bit much on reflection - 3 nights would do it.
Would definitley recommend for a short break

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Basilisk333
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay at Scandic Ålesund. I am proud when I get feedback regarding our Team and their ability to be professional and friendly.
I am also glad you liked the room you stayed in and that you appreciated your breakfast.

Nice reviews of our surroundings too - I would like to point out that several of our visitors stays in Ålesund in order to reach sights during daytrips to Geiranger, bird island Runde, Trollstigen, The Atlantic Road and more. I would recommend 5-7 days to reach all.