Well positioned in Alesund, within walking distance of the main attractions and lots of good restaurants/bars. The reception staff were all very welcoming and, as you come to expect with Norway, they all spoke fantastic English. They were very helpful in advising places to visit, even outside of the immediate area. We drove to Gerainger on one day, to Giske and Godoya (a good walk up hill) on another, and to Orsta on the third, plus walked up the 418 steps in town to the main viewing point. Not everything was open as the summer season has yet to get underway but the weather was good so we could spend all the time outdoors. The ferries between islands run very frequently (and reasonably priced) so you can get around very easily and quickly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Scandic Ålesund! Stay at the Scandic Ålesund hotel overlooking the harbour in central Alesund.Unwind in the sauna and enjoy the waterside views from our bar and restaurant. Close to the commercial district, the hotel has 8 meeting rooms. The Alesund Museum is just 5 minutes' walk away and the Fjellstua view point 2,4 kilometers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Scandic Hotels, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scandic Alesund reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Alesund Hotel Alesund
- Scandic Alesund Ålesund
- Scandic Alesund Hotel Ålesund