“Almost Perfect”
Review of Scandic Alesund

Scandic Alesund
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Alesund
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed three nights in March. Will stay longer next time. The only improvement I can suggest is a mini bar option. Excellent value for money at Nordic values. Reception staff outstanding! So friendly and helpful. Very knowledgeable about Alesund and surrounds. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Silje Viken S, General Manager at Scandic Alesund, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear guest.

Thank you so much for your nice review. Reading it made us really proud.
It pleases me to hear that you were happy with the service provided by the staff.
Regarding the mini-bar, we have chosen to keep the fridges in the room, and have a show in the reception area.

We really hope that you stay longer next time, as you wished - and that you stop by my office to say hi.

Wishing you a wonderful summer.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Well positioned in Alesund, within walking distance of the main attractions and lots of good restaurants/bars. The reception staff were all very welcoming and, as you come to expect with Norway, they all spoke fantastic English. They were very helpful in advising places to visit, even outside of the immediate area. We drove to Gerainger on one day, to Giske and Godoya (a good walk up hill) on another, and to Orsta on the third, plus walked up the 418 steps in town to the main viewing point. Not everything was open as the summer season has yet to get underway but the weather was good so we could spend all the time outdoors. The ferries between islands run very frequently (and reasonably priced) so you can get around very easily and quickly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and that you got to experience some of our beautiful surroundings. Great that our staff could be of assistance to give you advice. It really pleases me to hear that.

I really hope that you come back to our hotel, it would be our great pleasure to welcome you here again. :-)

Wishing you a wonderful summer!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed here when traveling on business. The hotel is clean , warm and bright and situated in the middle of the town and close to the water. All in all a plesent environment. What made it outstanding in my view was the service. Our flight was delayed and it was close to midnight when we arrived so everywhere was closed , after checking everyone in the receptionist very kindly offered to make us sandwiches as the restaurant had been closed for a couple of hours and very nice they were. At this point I realised I had lost my cell phone.As it was 1am I decided to wait till the morning . Which was when the receptionist Catheryn swung into action. She called the airport,the travel agents and finally tracked down the bus company and the driver, who found my phone and sent it to the hotel for which many thanks . Again I would like to commend wonderful customer service.
PS the breakfast is pretty good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank David C

Dear guest.

It makes me SO proud to read your reply, and I am so happy to hear that the receptionists gave you the service you deserve. They are pretty awesome! :-)
And good to hear that you got a sandwich, and that your phone was found.

I hope to see you here soon, and wishing you a wonderful summer.

Best regards proud General Manager, Silje

Reviewed 30 March 2014

The hotel feels quite reasonable though the price is still high in relation with south europe standards. Nordic feeling is all arround with simple furniture and nordic bed clothing. Everything is very clean but the rooms lack some more equipment and charm. Not easy to feel a at home for people comming from Spain.
Great location in the city centre and convenient parking lot beside.
Good breakfast and quite reasonable meals for dinner at not so reasonable nordic prices.

Room Tip: Las floor have huge windows from the ceiling to ground if you like them, too much light can enter at...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, that means a lot to us.
I am happy to hear that you liked your stay here with us.

Hope to see you here again soon, and wishing you a beautiful summer.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I love the place! The room we stayed at was very spacious. Two big beds with a lot of space to move around. The room was clean same with the stuff provided; sheets, towels, comforter, etc.

An elegant place and good for anybody who happens to be staying there, both for the kids and adults.

There's a way around the building for the parking space and so it was not a problem at all.

Friendly staff and very accommodating.

Their breakfast was superb! Great foods and drinks with a very nice view outside. I was with a family and the kids loved the place as well.

We had a great time there and the price was very reasonable. Worth every penny you paid for. :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cindy A
Silje Viken S, General Manager at Scandic Alesund, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is very important to us.

It makes me very happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay here at the hotel.
And it makes us all very proud to read your feedback.
I hope to see you here at the hotel soon again.

Wishing you a wonderful spring-time!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I had been rhere for two weeks and I felt like home. Employees in the front desk were always very kind, good food in the restaurant and the 24h snack bar makes life easier durimg the rainy and snowy days.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank karina_an
Silje Viken S, General Manager at Scandic Alesund, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay at Scandic Ålesund. We appreciate all the feedback we can get and are pleased you had good meals in Molja restaurant.
I am proud when the team succeed to give good service and will bring your kind words forward to the staff at front desk.
We hope to be able to welcome you back to Scandic Ålesund sometimes soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

The Scandic Alesund was a suitable hotel for our families needs.
- Our youngest child enjoyed the children's play area.
- We all enjoyed the Jamie Oliver inspired Buffet Breakfast.
- Easy check-in and out with easy access parking under the hotel (although an extra cost).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

First of all I would like to thank you for leaving a review of your stay at Scandic Ålesund. We are pleased to hear from a family point of view and that you enjoyed your stay. We are glad our play area is popular among the children.
The breakfast, inspired by Jamie Oliver, has 101 items and we are happy to hear that you all enjoyed.
We hope to be able to welcoming you back sometime soon to give you the same experience...