“Disappointment”

Scandic Alesund
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Alesund
“Disappointment”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I personally like Scandic hotels and frequently travel them but this time I was let down by Scandic.
Stayed for 7 nights and during this time there happened many disappointments.
Most of the staff seemed to be new so when they could not handle something or did not know what to do some of them seemed even quite rude at times. Many of the staff were from eastern countries and did not seem to have idea of the surroundings, which is not good when you are trying to ask for advice on where to go / see / shop / something.
Poor housekeeping, one day even the bedsheets were not made. Most of the days glasses were not changed to clean ones, papers were not added, no vacuuming was done even it was clearly visible that there was lots of dust.
Maintenance of the hotel did not seem to be up to date as the sauna was in terrible state with loose wooden floorboards and broken window openers.
The two rooms me and colleague stayed were outdated.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Juq P
Silje Viken S, General Manager at Scandic Alesund, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Dear guest.

Thank you for you review, it means a lot to us. This way we can find out were we can improve ourselves.
I am sorry to hear that you had a disappointing stay with us.
You are right that we have some new staff, and that they need time to be trained. But at NO time should they be rude. I really apologise if that is how you felt you were treated here.
And of course our housekeeping should make sure to follow our routines of cleaning, I am sorry that we didn't succeed in that.

I really hope that you give us one more chance to give you the service you deserve, and that you come back to stay at our hotel.

Wishing you a wonderful fall.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 31 July 2014

If you are travelling from the airport by car, Scandic Alesund is good choice. Central location, nice building and view, comfortable room, very good breakfast, pleasant staff, convenient parking. But I could mark one negative thing - too expansive beer in the bar :)...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest.

Thank you so much for writing a feedback - it is very important to us.
I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay - and that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel.
And when it comes to the beer-prices, I wish I could do something - bur my hands are tied. ;-)

Have a wonderful fall, and hope to see you here again soon.
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were here many years ago and still it is a nice hotel with a wonderful view. The staff in the reception was a little bit stiff, but when we talked to them few times they started to warm up and seems to be really nice and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. We had a dinner in the restaurant and it was delicious as the breakfast too. I will definitely come here again and recommend to everybody.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest.

Thank you so much for you nice review - it is much appreciated.
I make us really proud to read it, and we are very happy to hear that you where happy with both the service, views and the food.

I look forewards to welcoming you to our beautiful hotel again soon.

Wishing you a wonderful fall.
Tiller
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Used to visit this hotel when I conducted bussiness in Ålesund. It's placed beautifully in the Ålesund harbour only a short walk from the city center. The view from the hotel is awsom and the breakfast is fantastic. I can only recomend this hotel in Ålesund, and I lived at most of them!!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Håvard D
Dear guest.

Thank you so much for your great review - it made us so proud reading it!
And of course we agree with you (without being biased at all of course.) ;-)

Wishing you a wonderful fall, and hope to see you here again soon.
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel is in a very good position for relaxing and exploring the town. The room was good size, spotless, quiet and comfortable with unspoilt views over the fjord. Most rooms have a see view, and it is worth asking for one. Very good value for money and the staff was efficient and friendly. The all inclusive free coffee an afternoon cup of soup was nice and the free bike hire a welcome bonus. We have no complaints about this hotel at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a see view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Torhild D
Dear guest.

Thank you so much for your great review - it makes me very happy to read your positive feedback.
We totally agree with you - the view i s so nice. I will tell all my staff that you though they were friendly and efficient - that will make them proud.

It`s good to hear you appreciated the free coffee and cup of soup - we are happy to offer it.

Wishing you a wonderful fall, and hope to see you here again soon.
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Nice and clean rooms, my room had two beds, and a nice wiew. Breakfast was great, served in the restaurant with large windows facing the fjords. Amaxinc.
Good and central location in beautiful Ålesund.

I stayed for 2 nights.

• Stayed June 2014
Silje Viken S, General Manager at Scandic Alesund, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear guest.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review.
We (of course) totally agree with you about the view, and feel very lucky to get to experince this every day. :-)

I wish you an amazing summer, and hope to see you here again soon.

Best regards Silje
Bathurst, Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I recently stayed in this hotel, booking a room with a harbour view. The room was very comfortable and clean with a good ensuite. The breakfast included in our booking was very good with lots of choices.
The hotel also has a limited number of bicycles ( I saw 3 or 4) which could be used by guests free of charge.
The staff at the hotel were very friendly and cooperative.
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Book a room with a harbour view
Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wacoo67
Dear guest!

Thank you so much for your review, and your recommandation! :-)

I am so happy and proud to hear that you had a good stay with us, and that you got to use the bicycles.

I wish you a fantastic summer, and hope to see you here again soon.

Best regards Silje