I personally like Scandic hotels and frequently travel them but this time I was let down by Scandic.
Stayed for 7 nights and during this time there happened many disappointments.
Most of the staff seemed to be new so when they could not handle something or did not know what to do some of them seemed even quite rude at times. Many of the staff were from eastern countries and did not seem to have idea of the surroundings, which is not good when you are trying to ask for advice on where to go / see / shop / something.
Poor housekeeping, one day even the bedsheets were not made. Most of the days glasses were not changed to clean ones, papers were not added, no vacuuming was done even it was clearly visible that there was lots of dust.
Maintenance of the hotel did not seem to be up to date as the sauna was in terrible state with loose wooden floorboards and broken window openers.
The two rooms me and colleague stayed were outdated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Scandic Ålesund! Stay at the Scandic Ålesund hotel overlooking the harbour in central Alesund.Unwind in the sauna and enjoy the waterside views from our bar and restaurant. Close to the commercial district, the hotel has 8 meeting rooms. The Alesund Museum is just 5 minutes' walk away and the Fjellstua view point 2,4 kilometers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Scandic Hotels, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Scandic Alesund reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Alesund Hotel Alesund
- Scandic Alesund Ålesund
- Scandic Alesund Hotel Ålesund