“Nice Location”
Review of Scandic Alesund

Scandic Alesund
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Alesund
Reviewed 8 August 2014

It suited our needs well. The room was a bit quirky and my husband kept on hitting his head on the slanted ceiling above the bed (and he is quite short).

The only real problem I had was the room was very, very hot when we first came in. It took the whole night for it to cool down as the sun beat down through our window until it set .

Room Tip: The opposite side of where the sun shines in the summer months.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here for a week as part of a tour group. The conference event room is a modern, well lit option for groups. The hotel rooms have everything - but make sure you get a view. The breakfasts are generous and the dinners are ok too. We saw people checking in with their dogs which was cool. Its close to most of the attractions.

Room Tip: ensure you get a view of the sea/harbour
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The familyroom was the best about this hotel. Fairly large, and plenty of free channels to watch on tv.

It was no water boiler on the familiyroom, but I could get boiled water in the respetion. Some of the other rooms had waterboilers. It was a playroom for kids there, but it was a bit messy and the room was not kept very well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Silje Viken S, General Manager at Scandic Alesund, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2014

Dear guest.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review.
It makes us very happy to hear that you were satisfied with the room and the location.
We have boilers in some of our rooms, and sometimes we are able to borrow them if the rooms are not in use. In this case I am glad to hear that the reception were able to help you with boiled water.
Our playroom can be a bit messy, depending on how quickly we can tidy it after the kids have used it, we try to tidy when there are no kids.

I wish you a wonderfull fall - and hope to see you here again soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I personally like Scandic hotels and frequently travel them but this time I was let down by Scandic.
Stayed for 7 nights and during this time there happened many disappointments.
Most of the staff seemed to be new so when they could not handle something or did not know what to do some of them seemed even quite rude at times. Many of the staff were from eastern countries and did not seem to have idea of the surroundings, which is not good when you are trying to ask for advice on where to go / see / shop / something.
Poor housekeeping, one day even the bedsheets were not made. Most of the days glasses were not changed to clean ones, papers were not added, no vacuuming was done even it was clearly visible that there was lots of dust.
Maintenance of the hotel did not seem to be up to date as the sauna was in terrible state with loose wooden floorboards and broken window openers.
The two rooms me and colleague stayed were outdated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Juq P
Silje Viken S, General Manager at Scandic Alesund, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Dear guest.

Thank you for you review, it means a lot to us. This way we can find out were we can improve ourselves.
I am sorry to hear that you had a disappointing stay with us.
You are right that we have some new staff, and that they need time to be trained. But at NO time should they be rude. I really apologise if that is how you felt you were treated here.
And of course our housekeeping should make sure to follow our routines of cleaning, I am sorry that we didn't succeed in that.

I really hope that you give us one more chance to give you the service you deserve, and that you come back to stay at our hotel.

Wishing you a wonderful fall.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

If you are travelling from the airport by car, Scandic Alesund is good choice. Central location, nice building and view, comfortable room, very good breakfast, pleasant staff, convenient parking. But I could mark one negative thing - too expansive beer in the bar :)...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest.

Thank you so much for writing a feedback - it is very important to us.
I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay - and that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel.
And when it comes to the beer-prices, I wish I could do something - bur my hands are tied. ;-)

Have a wonderful fall, and hope to see you here again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were here many years ago and still it is a nice hotel with a wonderful view. The staff in the reception was a little bit stiff, but when we talked to them few times they started to warm up and seems to be really nice and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. We had a dinner in the restaurant and it was delicious as the breakfast too. I will definitely come here again and recommend to everybody.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest.

Thank you so much for you nice review - it is much appreciated.
I make us really proud to read it, and we are very happy to hear that you where happy with both the service, views and the food.

I look forewards to welcoming you to our beautiful hotel again soon.

Wishing you a wonderful fall.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Used to visit this hotel when I conducted bussiness in Ålesund. It's placed beautifully in the Ålesund harbour only a short walk from the city center. The view from the hotel is awsom and the breakfast is fantastic. I can only recomend this hotel in Ålesund, and I lived at most of them!!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Håvard D

Dear guest.

Thank you so much for your great review - it made us so proud reading it!
And of course we agree with you (without being biased at all of course.) ;-)

Wishing you a wonderful fall, and hope to see you here again soon.