“Good Location Good Value”

Radisson Blu Hotel Alesund
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Alesund
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Good Location Good Value”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Arrived around 8pm to be greeted by a friendly and helpful receptionist. As we were leaving before 8am we were able to park in the street for free rather than paying 150Kr to use hotel car park.
Room was clean, comfortable and reasonably well equipped lacking only a kettle and coffee making facilities.
Breakfast was excellent, lots of choice from traditional English through Continental to Norweigan, something for everyone.
Disappointment was dinner in the restaurant. It is never going to go well when your main course of choice is not available, particularly as whilst we were waiting for our meal the sea-food platter we would have chosen was served to the next table. OK ingredients run out, I can understand that, but the dishes we ordered as an alternative (prawn salad and steak) were really pretty ordinary.
No problem with the hotel though an excellent choice if you are staying in Alesund.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paul6111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Very nice hotel. Very comfortable bed,had a great nights sleep. Breakfast was very good with great choice.
Hotel is in a great position. You also get free internet.
Also the receptionist was very very helpful, she spoke great English and helped make sure I was parked on the right place.

Room Tip: I booked a business class room. It was very big.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank airfish1
Hopkinton, New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed one night here last week. We checked in on a Sat pm. Sunday am we woke up to pouring rain, scratching our plans for the day.. Our flight out of Alesund was not until 8 pm and the Radisson staff let us stay until 5 pm at no extra charge. Our room overlooked the bay and felt like we were literally over the water. Great stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the bay.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DMH_in_NH
Britt S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Alesund, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for your nice review, I am glad that you enjoyed our location by the water.
You are welcome back next time you are in the area.
Have a great summer.

Best regards,
Britt Skjong
Kristiansand, Norway
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We had one of the best rooms at the hotel. Fantastic view, but for a suite the bathroom was disappointing; too small and the shower was not very functional, resulting in water all over the floor and vanity. First night we slept great; the second night there was a banquet at the hotel and the music made it impossible to sleep even on the 5th floor.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

1 Thank BA1111
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed 19 March 2014

From the moment you arrive, until your departure, you are treated efficiently, friendly and respectfully in all areas of the hotel. The room was larger and much nicer than other hotels we have stayed in in Norway. When you entered the lobby you were always greeted with a smile and the offer to help. The restaurant staff was very efficient and respectful. Management was visual and participated in your daily experience, which is definitely going above and beyond. I will definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there in the future.

Room Tip: Corner room is great because you have a view of the surrounding islands as well as the town.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank elizabeth s
Britt S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Alesund, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Hello Elizabeth,
thank you so much for your review, I will share the good feedback with my staff. We are very happy that you find us efficient, clean and that we are providing good service for our guests. Our great advantage in this town is our fantastic view of the Valderhaug Fjord, and I am glad you enjoyed it from your room.
On behalf of my entire staff I thank you for beeing our guests and you are always welcome back to us if you are travelling to Ålesund again .
Have a fantastic summer in Nassau.

Best Regards from Team Blu
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 13 February 2014

One month before I even set foot in Norway I was charged, not once, but twice (!!!) for my whole booking.
I tried to solve the situation by calling and e-mailing the hotel and bringing their attention to the problem. There was no way the hotel could solve it, even if I e-mailed and called them several times. No matter what time of the day it was, the excuse was that the hotel manager was not there (?!)
I ended up spending around 1.500 Nok just in telephone calls alone...

I had to cancel my reservation, and book another hotel for my stay (the best thing I ever did, as the other hotel was fabulous!).
During my stay in Ålesund I had to go four times (!!!) to the Radisson Blu Hotel to see my problem solved!
In the end I had to call and ask my Bank Account Manager to e-mail them my current bank account with proof of the amount charged as they said they didn't have records of it (???) and didn't believe me...

Oh, and by the way: of all of the four times I went there... the manager was never there...

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Britt S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Alesund, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, this situation happened a while ago, and it is very unfortunate that we were not able to solve this for you right away.
It sounds like you have been through quite an ordeal, and this is not representative of how we do business, booking with us should always be easy.

The managers at the hotel work shifts, at different hours, but we always have a Manager on Duty who should have been contacted to handle this for you.
I don’t have the dates for your booking, but we always strive to be accessible at all times for our guest. I would like to investigate why you weren’t able to speak to a manager.

It is challenging for me to give an answer to your issue, not knowing the details on how your booking was made.
I invite you to send me the details of your reservation and I will look into it as soon as possible.

If the booking is done through an Online Travel Agent, it is the travel agent who makes the charges, and they are the only ones who can approve any changes to the reservation.
If the booking is done directly to our own webpage, to the hotel by phone or to our reservations email, you are free to change or cancel the booking until 6pm. on the day of arrival.
Again, thank you for the information, and I apologize on behalf of my staff for your trouble.

Best regards
Britt Skjong, General Manager

britt.skjong@radissonblu.com.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The room was larger than others in Norway and attractive, but the lighting was a bit too dim, the draperies were hung in a sloppy manner and the pillows were inferior. The sink was not cleaned properly on a daily basis and the trouser press didn't work. The bathroom had a fantastic shower layout that made great use of the smallish space; towels were a bit skimpy. The breakfast room was attractive and the buffet had very good fruit selections but the egg dishes were limited. The location was waterfront but our room didn't have more than a sliver of a view. One of the best things was the Internet connection - it was really good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello,
Thank you for your review, we always read all reviews and do our best to solve any problems that are brought to our attentinon as soon as possible.
We strive to be very clean, well maintained and a extreemely service oriented hotel, we want our guests to always feel most comfortable.
I will bring forward the information about the curtain and pillows, and about the sink, and we will strive to do even better.
We are a popular hotel in Ålesund, much because of our location by the Fjord, and around half of our 131 rooms have a seaview. I hope you got a chance to enjoy the fantastic view from our seaside breakfastroom or from the outside terrace.
I am very happy that our wi-fi was to your satisfaction, and that you were happy with our breakfast selection, I will see if we can increase the egg selection. We invite our guests to ask for "made to order" eggs and bacon dishes so that they are fresh for you. Mabe this information was not properly visible to you this day, if you come by again, please ask and we will make eggs the way you like them.
Thank you again, and have a great spring !
Best regards