“nice city hotel”
Review of Scandic Parken

Scandic Parken
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Alesund
Reviewed 18 July 2014

the hotel is very predicted
a large lobby with nice bar
no aircondition any where , the rooms are very small , if you shower more the 2 minuts the bathroom will join you and youll have a little pool

the matress is very soft
the food is avarge

Room Tip: there is alot of noise from the city in the summer ask for a quite room if you want to rest early
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ofer z

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed one night here in June 2014. Our room was in the modern block and was fresh and clean. It was on the first floor; we didn't have a view but that didn't matter and we found it was very quiet. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The highlight of our stay was the breakfast which was amazing; there was a large choice, everything was well stocked and it was all delicious. A nice touch is that you can purchase a lunch box very reasonably and fill it with items from the breakfast bar which made a really good lunch for us.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My most important requirement for a hotel is to have sleep. It is not possible here. I just walked down to complain, I was told that other rooms was not better! The "music" is going to continue until 3 am, and then I loose 4 hours of sleep. I am angry...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Arve S
Sven Erik M, General Manager at Scandic Parken, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Arve S.,

We are truly sorry for not being able to provide a good night`s sleep for you and your familiy .In this situation we should have been able to find a better solution. Our local football Club had theri 100 year celebraton in the banquet hall and I think some of the celebration continued in some of the guest roooms as well.
If you send med Your name and adddress I will be more than happy to send you a gift certificate for a free weekend stay at our hotel or I will reimburse your stay.
My e-mail address is: sven.erik@parkenhotel.no
Yours sincerely
Sven Erik Moe, General Manager

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed at the Rica Parken on a business trip in the first week of April 2014. It was very pleasant, clean, well appointed and the service was fantastic.

The best breakfast in Europe so far in my travels over the last few years, The walk to the top of the hill behind the hotel and the view of Alesund is just amazing, especially at sunset.

Several great restaurants with in very easy walking distance and the hotel restaurant serves good food as well if you do not fancy getting out.

Very happy and hope to return again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Bay
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is my favorite hotel in Aalesund. Good service and very good breakfast. The rooms are great and clean and I had a ocean view. The hotel has a very good location and it's walking distance to every restaurant and bar worth visiting in Alesund.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Arrived here in January 2014 for 3 night stay. This is a business trip. I took taxi from the airport. Hotel has a big lobby and bar to the left and checking in counter on the right. The room I have is a good one as I get to see the sea. However the room is sort of old ish. The walls are really thin and my room has a door which is shared by the room next door so I can hear every single conversation next door!

My room has 2 single beds that are joined together to be a double (seems to be a norm in Norway). The room is a good decent size. Bathroom is good too. No bath just a shower room. There is no ironing facility in the room so one needs to take it to the Ground Floor to iron it. It's located in the gym, which is big but in terms of machines and equipment, I have seen better! There is a sauna too.

The breakfast is the best I think. Lots of variety and not very busy. I have eaten at different times and it's always very quiet unlike other hotels I've stayed in.

Hotel is located on top of the city. Very close to the city centre and high street with shops and some restaurants. Egon is a good place to go eat. There is also the cinema nearby and a McDonalds.

Next to the hotel is a path leading to the top of the city where you can get amazing view. Can't remember what it's called now. But you have to climb more than 400 steps but it's worth it.

Finally hotel staff are attentive, fast free wifi, and finally there is a coach that picks you up to the airport. You just need to book with the Reception and they will tell you what time.

Overall a nice hotel and good location and would stay again next time

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Very nice hotel, well located in front of the harbour. I stayed just few days ,but it was a wonderfull experience . Some pros : Excellent breakfast, good food , good staff / contras : poor ilumination and they need to change the eletric powers as soon as possible.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business