“Don't breath deep”
Review of Hotel Brosundet

Hotel Brosundet
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Alesund
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The price is outrageous. I have worked and lived around Alesund for two months and I know all the hotels. This is a pretty one, great location, but so overpriced comapred to others with similar features and location, yet offers much much less and charges more for it.

We upgraded our internet aquired room to one with a harbour view and the room was so small our bags and the two of us did not fit comfortably. We had 4 bags in total, two main clothes bags, and two carry-ons. Putting these at the end of the bed meant my wife would have to step with one leg, and I the opposite leg in the other direction to pass. It was truely that tight, no joke. As we passed each other we joked that as one inhales the other must exhale. Not THAT bad, but not good. And the shower was so small one had to press against the smoked glass shower stall wall to get in the direct flow from the shower head. Yes, it's pretty, yes, the staff is friendly, they ought to be.
FYI: The menu includes whale steak, tongue of cod, and cheek of pig. I've been at sea my whole life, and the thought of choosing to frequent an establishment that finds it fitting to serve such a majestic creature as a whale is too much. Is there no fish in the sea worth eating that the whale seems a good choice? I just do not get it.

Room Tip: There is more than one hotel in Alesund,
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt G
There are newer reviews for Hotel Brosundet

Reviewed 29 April 2013

This hotel is one of a kind, a fantastic experience. The design, the staff, the service, the ambiance and the rooms are great. The hotel restaurant Maki is also one of the best restaurants I have ever visited.
The best hotel in Ålesund without a doubt!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank SurferGirlfromNorth
Christel F, General Manager at Hotel Brosundet, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear Surfer Girl From North :)

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words.
Welcome back to Hotel Brosundet!

Best Regards
Christel Furnes, General Manager

Reviewed 26 April 2013

I went to Aalesund for a business trip and booked a room at Hotel Brosundet. This hotel has it all - top service and friendly people, excellent food (this restaurant is one of the best in Norway) and very stylish interior and rooms. Absolutely excellent and highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Are G
Christel F, General Manager at Hotel Brosundet, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear Are G,

Thank you for your kind words! Hope to see you again soon at Hotel Brosundet.
If you would like to receive our monthly news letter, please send me a mail at christel@brosundet.no

Christel Furnes, General Manager

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Given the reviews we were disappointed overall. Nothing was terrible, but nothing wowed and it did't feel like a top rated boutique hotel. We wanted to check in early and were told we needed to wait 20 mins by the sweet but completely overwhelmed front desk clerk. After 30 mins we decided to go for breakfast and when we returned we were told it would be another 20 minutes. We waited 30. We finally get our room, which was nice but wrong. We had booked a harbour room view with two beds, so we went down to ask to change and were put in a dim room with no view or windows other than a skylight. When we asked for a rebate as we were clearly downgraded nothing was offered. While spacious, the room lacked little things like lighting, a real garbage bin, tissue and the bathroom was very small and just ok. The front desk clerk could not answer basic questions, like the hours for breakfast. The breakfast is great with lots of options. Not sure I would return again unless the room was a good deal.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Christel F, General Manager at Hotel Brosundet, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear Ziller,

I am terrible sorry for your bad experience. This is not the way it is supposed to be at Hotel Brosundet.
Normally check in time is three o'clock, but I understand that the receptionist have tried to offer you early check in. However we should have informed you about the correct waiting time. We appologice for this.
Regarding the room, we do not have any rooms with twin beds, but the room you got first did have a harbour view. From the confirmation I can also see that we have confirmed a double room. The room you finally got is the only room we have with an extra bed additionally to the double bed.
I understand that this experience was frustrating for you. I can garantee you that we will evaluate our routines based on you feedback.
I would also like to offer you a compensation, please send me an e-mail to christel@brosundet.no.

I hope to hear from you soon, so that I can try to make amends.

Best regards Christel Furnes, General Manager Hotel Brosundet.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

We loved this hotel and its exceptionally good restaurant - our stay in Alesund was not favoured with wonderful weather but the hotel helped keep our spirits up... such big beautiful rooms, great views, excellent service - our favorite hotel on a three week tour of Scandinavia!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RuthSwitzerland
Christel F, General Manager at Hotel Brosundet, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Dear Ruth,
Thank you for your kind words. Aalesund is known for the great variation in weather conditions. Unfortunatly we can not control these factors, but I am very pleased that we delivered on the things we can influence on. Please come back to visit us soon.

Christel Furnes
General Manager, Hotel Brosundet

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Staying here was probably the highlight of our time in Ålesund (which we found to be a somewhat disappointing little city - pretty to look at but not much more). The hotel was amazing: perfectly balanced historic charm and rusticness with modern amenities.

- Awesome location
- Spectacular view right from the room over the water
- Comfy bed
- Spotlessly clean
- Quiet room
- Great breakfast spread
- Cozy, warm lounge area to enjoy drinks from the bar
- Reasonably priced

I can't imagine a better place to stay in Ålesund.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Christel F, General Manager at Hotel Brosundet, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear sir/madam,

We are so pleased and happy for your review. This kind of feedback is the reason why we go to work every day with one goal - to create an unique experience and atmosphere for our guests.
Thank you for all of your superlatives!
We hope you will visit us soon, and I can promise you that Aalesund has a lot more to offer during the summer season!
Welcome back!

Best regards
Christel Furnes, General Manager Hotel Brosundet.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

A warm, small, perfectly located Hotel. With lots of charm and a unique atmosphere. Great service, and a 1 class restaurant Maki with superb seafood. I have stayed here several times during the last 3 years. And I always look forward to my next visit. I give the Hotel my very best recommodation.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Ellsor,

Thank you for you review and recommodation!
We look forward to your next stay - you are welcome anytime.

Christel Furnes, General Manager Hotel Brosundet