“RIB Safari”
Review of 62°NORD

62°NORD
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: DAILY DEPARTURES: 10:00 and 18:00 Enjoy the exciting Wildlife Sea Safari! The safari goes along the coastline outside Alesund in a high-speed RIB-boat. Experience the dramatic coastal landscapes, and the wildlife in Fjord Norway. Let the adrinalin flow freely on an exiting safari on the open sea in a open, high speed RIB. Visit a seal colony and Runde’s famous bird sanctuary with its eagles and puffins. Our local guide will tell you interesting stories and take you exploring on the open sea. Wildlife Sea Safari takes you close to nature and is an exciting and fun experience for the whole family. -The activity have departure and arrival form our Activity Centre in Alesund City Centre. -Participants must be over 140 cm tall to join the activity. -The activity is weather depended. PRIVATE WILDLIFE SEA SAFARI TOURS, AVAILIABLE ALL YEAR, PRICE ON REQUEST
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Yeah this was my husband's crazy idea! We kitted up in our nice warm all-in-one with life belt and goggles on a gorgeous sunny morning in late October then after a quick briefing we made our way to the RIB. 'Let's sit at the front' my husband says 'it will be fun' my husband says, being the idiot I am I agreed straight away and clambered on. We rode slowly out of the very pretty little harbour then headed out to sea...fast! After 5 minutes the crap gloves they gave you had allowed my hands to almost freeze solid (note to self:next time, if there is a next time, wear my own toasty warm gloves underneath) I pulled my hands up inside my sleeves to try and thaw them out as we sped across the waves like we were fleeing from a band of pistol toting pirates(about 60knotts) and went round the island, my husband whooping in excitement the whole time! After stopping to marvel at the views we headed back inland into the wind, I was congratulating myself at this point for tightening my goggles up enough as to not get my hat blown off never to be seen again, thankfully we slowed to a much less face numbing speed as we neared the pier where I could thankfully, get off the damn thing. While I practically had to prise myself off it as I was almost frozen solid by now, my husband had had the best time of his life, so yes, I would recommend it, just don't sit at the front and only wear their crap gloves!

Date of experience: October 2018
in 6 reviews
"ride"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 3 October 2018

This tour is a tour for everyone, at first we thought was only for young people but our group had all ages. You have to wear a suit in case water splash on the boat, but is GREAT and very safe. I will recommend this to everyone

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Took a private RIB tour from the Storfjord hotel. Easy and convenient. Great views, great guide, nice time out. Let my 18 year old drive back...he loved it.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 28 July 2018

We had an afternoon to fill before our late-night ferry, so decided to do the wildlife sea safari. The staff were super friendly and you're provided with all the gear to keep you (relatively) dry and warm. They take you out to sea, so it's windy and bumpy and we got pelted with waves at the back of the boat, but that's all part of the fun. We saw seals and were lucky enough to see hundreds of puffins sitting on the water and taking flight when we got too close. The captain was very mindful of checking in with everybody to make sure they were okay. My tip would be to wear waterproof shoes as you can get splashed, and pants you don't mind getting wet as a little bit of water comes through the suits. A couple of guys on our boat had unfortunate wet patches on the front of their jeans when we returned! Great way to spend the afternoon!

Date of experience: June 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 July 2018

The wildlife sea safari from Ålesund was the highlight of my recent trip to Norway - we saw harbour seals, skuas, guillemots and puffins on the trip. 62 NORD provide you with all of the gear you need (survival suit, lifejacket, goggles) so you just need to remember your camera. You can choose where to sit on the boat - rougher at the front, wetter at the back - depending on your preference. Our guide was warm, friendly and helpful throughout and really made the experience a positive one. Tusen takk! :)

Date of experience: July 2018