Review Highlights
Breathtaking!

Get to the Norway Fjords! It is beautiful. The small villages are quaint, the people are amazing... read more

Reviewed 4 September 2019
Mickey C
Allen, Texas
Wildlife Sea Safari

This activity was a great experience. With all the suits etc provided and suited up we headed out... read more

Reviewed 17 July 2019
Grant M

Recommended experiences in and around Alesund
from US$160.71
from US$151.23
from US$102.84
from US$83.21
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 July 2019 via mobile

The boat ride was quite an experience.
The cliffs were spectacular, but having got there, the driver pretty much turned round and took us straight back. I got the impression there may have been a separate place with puffins but we were not taken there. They blamed me, because I was not comfortable at the initial very swift pace, but Really, that was only a brief pause, before the driver got cranking back up to the original speed. I had also expected the boat driver would tell us more about Runde. So..the rib ride is fun if you like that sort of thing, and it is an adventure, but , not quite as good as I had hoped for the price.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 28 June 2019

First of all. City officials should check these guys out for safety. Pathetic concern and failed to help guests fast life vests as discovered halfway out. Careless and sloppy.

Do not get on board unless you are positive
You’re seeing the puffins. When we didn’t go after asking several times. Upon return the kid at the register states he never confirmed with the captain. If you’re puffin watching be absolutely sure they will take you there

Finally wrote the owner along with another upset guest. Never heard back. Before I post this terrible truthful review

So it’s clear this operation cares less for anything but grabbing tourist money and not delivering on safety or the trip they promise.

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank gofindadventure
62Nord, Adventures at 62°NORD, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2019

We are so sorry for your bad experience. Please rest assure that safety and the well-being of our guests is our highest priority. We take your feedback very seriously and sadly your attempt to write us has not successfully reached us. Please contact us directly at hello@62.no.

Best,

Reviewed 3 June 2019

As soon as I knew we would be in Alesund for the day I started looking into getting to Runde and this was the only feasible way. The trip is fairly expensive but I very much wanted to see the birds so my friend and I decided to spend the money. When we arrived the previous group were just returning and so we had to wait for them to take off their suits but finally we could get bundled up and onto the boat. We sat at the front and mostly very much enjoyed it. It gets very fast and we went through a rainstorm that felt like needles which was not fun at all. Every so often they would slow down and talk to us but as we were so bundled we couldn't turn to see her and our ears were covered so we could barely hear. Once I realised they were talking I could hold out the hood but still it was difficult to hear. We eventually reached Runde and saw thousands of gannets and guillemots as well as a few razorbills and a couple puffins. The sea was choppy and we did not get nearly as close as I had understood we would but the cliffs were stunning. We headed back to shore round the island but this time they did not stop for any photo opportunities so although I saw the bridges it was at great speed and not very well. My friend enjoyed it for a while but we both think 2 hours of it may be too long. I know that is how long is needed to get to the island but I'm not sure I'd do it again, possibly somewhere warmer I'd consider it. The people were very nice but I think it would be a better tour if they gave earpieces or something so we could hear and if there was some way to be slightly more stabilised near the birds as they were our main focus as opposed to the boat ride. I don't entirely know what I was expecting or hoping for but this did not live up to my expectation especially based on the website pictures and reviews.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed 31 May 2019 via mobile

My wife and I had a downright awful experience with this tour company recently. The description of the trip says that we will “pass the picturesque Grasoyane Lighthouse, make your way to the island’s “bird mountain” to see if any of its 200,000 puffins are in residence.” Nothing like that ever happened. We spent about an hour going out to an area where there were some birds and a lighthouse. The ocean was extremely rough and we were regularly drenched by the waves. At one point a wave washed over us so hard that the life vests of the two people in front were activated and knocked the goggles off the person in front of my wife. The goggles struck my wife’s face causing serious bruising and a nose bleed. Our camera which was tucked in the pocket of the wet suit was also ruined. We were soaked inside and out. The person driving the boat mainly seemed to be focused on getting us out to the area and returning to fill their contractual commitment. At one point he crossed the wake of another boat even though that appeared to be unnecessary. It might have been easier to rationalize these terrible trips out and back if we had actually seen something when we arrived at the area. There were birds and a lighthouse, but the he did not describe any of them. I’ve been on similar birdwatching expeditions before and know what to expect. But this driver totally failed.

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank ClarkM69
62Nord, Adventures at 62°NORD, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2019

Dear Clark. We are so sorry for your bad experience. Safety and the well-being of our guests is always our highest priority. Please rest assured that we take your feedback very seriously and we hope for the opportunity to offer you a new trip to improve your experience. Please reach out to us directly at hello@62.no.

Best,

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Yeah this was my husband's crazy idea! We kitted up in our nice warm all-in-one with life belt and goggles on a gorgeous sunny morning in late October then after a quick briefing we made our way to the RIB. 'Let's sit at the front' my husband says 'it will be fun' my husband says, being the idiot I am I agreed straight away and clambered on. We rode slowly out of the very pretty little harbour then headed out to sea...fast! After 5 minutes the crap gloves they gave you had allowed my hands to almost freeze solid (note to self:next time, if there is a next time, wear my own toasty warm gloves underneath) I pulled my hands up inside my sleeves to try and thaw them out as we sped across the waves like we were fleeing from a band of pistol toting pirates(about 60knotts) and went round the island, my husband whooping in excitement the whole time! After stopping to marvel at the views we headed back inland into the wind, I was congratulating myself at this point for tightening my goggles up enough as to not get my hat blown off never to be seen again, thankfully we slowed to a much less face numbing speed as we neared the pier where I could thankfully, get off the damn thing. While I practically had to prise myself off it as I was almost frozen solid by now, my husband had had the best time of his life, so yes, I would recommend it, just don't sit at the front and only wear their crap gloves!

Date of experience: October 2018