Review Highlights

Grant M
Adrenaline filled adventure!

Reviewed 11 July 2019
VerityE98

Recommended experiences in and around Alesund
from US$162.93
from US$151.31
from US$102.89
from US$84.36
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 July 2019

This activity was a great experience. With all the suits etc provided and suited up we headed out on the high speed rib and thoroughly enjoyed it. We have seen seals in Australia but these were cute even from a long distance. But the bird colonies were amazing. The boat captain was great with interesting information and stories and personal experiences. We worked out that in 2 hours we covered some 100km with about 30 minutes spent observing the seals and birds. Be prepared for action on the boat. Without this activity our visit to Alesund would have been a disappointing.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank Grant M
Reviewed 11 July 2019

We did the fantastic wildlife safari as a group of 8 with a few others on the rib. I felt they were very safety conscious checking our life jackets and giving us a safety briefing. I had full confidence that we were safe and felt adequately prepared.
When we got going, the experience was absolutely awesome! The speed was fantastic and was amazing for us as adrenaline junkies. Having said that though, it was tamer at the back of the boat. So there was plenty of options for those who aren't a massive fan of speed and wind etc.. Kristopher, our guide, was brilliant. He made sure everyone was okay and stopped at points of interest. He had a great knowledge of the area and allowed us to swap seats to experience different aspects of the ride.
When we got to the animal refuge, we saw seals and a wide variety of birds including puffins and gannets. Kristopher got us as close as we could before making our way back.
I really recommend this excursion if you're into adrenaline, wildlife or both!

Reviewed 9 July 2019 via mobile

The boat ride was quite an experience.
The cliffs were spectacular, but having got there, the driver pretty much turned round and took us straight back. I got the impression there may have been a separate place with puffins but we were not taken there. They blamed me, because I was not comfortable at the initial very swift pace, but Really, that was only a brief pause, before the driver got cranking back up to the original speed. I had also expected the boat driver would tell us more about Runde. So..the rib ride is fun if you like that sort of thing, and it is an adventure, but , not quite as good as I had hoped for the price.

Reviewed 28 June 2019

First of all. City officials should check these guys out for safety. Pathetic concern and failed to help guests fast life vests as discovered halfway out. Careless and sloppy.

Do not get on board unless you are positive
You’re seeing the puffins. When we didn’t go after asking several times. Upon return the kid at the register states he never confirmed with the captain. If you’re puffin watching be absolutely sure they will take you there

Finally wrote the owner along with another upset guest. Never heard back. Before I post this terrible truthful review

So it’s clear this operation cares less for anything but grabbing tourist money and not delivering on safety or the trip they promise.

62Nord, Adventures at 62°NORD, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2019

We are so sorry for your bad experience. Please rest assure that safety and the well-being of our guests is our highest priority. We take your feedback very seriously and sadly your attempt to write us has not successfully reached us. Please contact us directly at hello@62.no.

Best,

Reviewed 3 June 2019

As soon as I knew we would be in Alesund for the day I started looking into getting to Runde and this was the only feasible way. The trip is fairly expensive but I very much wanted to see the birds so my friend and I decided to spend the money. When we arrived the previous group were just returning and so we had to wait for them to take off their suits but finally we could get bundled up and onto the boat. We sat at the front and mostly very much enjoyed it. It gets very fast and we went through a rainstorm that felt like needles which was not fun at all. Every so often they would slow down and talk to us but as we were so bundled we couldn't turn to see her and our ears were covered so we could barely hear. Once I realised they were talking I could hold out the hood but still it was difficult to hear. We eventually reached Runde and saw thousands of gannets and guillemots as well as a few razorbills and a couple puffins. The sea was choppy and we did not get nearly as close as I had understood we would but the cliffs were stunning. We headed back to shore round the island but this time they did not stop for any photo opportunities so although I saw the bridges it was at great speed and not very well. My friend enjoyed it for a while but we both think 2 hours of it may be too long. I know that is how long is needed to get to the island but I'm not sure I'd do it again, possibly somewhere warmer I'd consider it. The people were very nice but I think it would be a better tour if they gave earpieces or something so we could hear and if there was some way to be slightly more stabilised near the birds as they were our main focus as opposed to the boat ride. I don't entirely know what I was expecting or hoping for but this did not live up to my expectation especially based on the website pictures and reviews.

Date of experience: May 2019