“Dinning experience of the highest level”
Review of XL Diner

XL Diner
Ranked #1 of 85 Restaurants in Alesund
Price range: US$12 - US$43
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: From the heart of Aalesund, with a view towards Aalesundet, Molja and the great sea. We in XL Diner has since the start up in 1999 Purposeful developed what is today well known as Europes best Bacalao restaurant, to the habitants pride and our guests enjoyment. XL Diner is and shall be a Clipfish Restaurant, but we also offers inspiring dishes not coming from the sea. You shall be able to recognize our dishes and the dishes we have spread over the entire "Bacalao World" Our menu is inspired from both South Europe and South America but is still faithful to our dear and classic Bacalao dishes from the north-west of Norway. We want to provide you with not only a spectaculare location and menu, but we will also strive to give top notch service, welcome to us !
“Dinning experience of the highest level”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

The food was excellent. The place came highly recommended by friends. Suggest to dinner just before sunset. The view of Alesund is to die for.
Don't forget to order "The best soup in town"

2 Thank tanjm348

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stavanger, Norway
“ONE OF THE BEST”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I asked the reception on the hotel, and they adviced me to go to this resturant.
And I do not regret it at all.
I ordered one of the many baccalaos. Much to my surprise, this was not a baccalao I'm used to. This was an explotion of many good tast. That fish had not died in vain.
I finished the meal with a big grin on my face, and topped it off with a good brandy.
Ok, this is the only resturant I have been in here in Aalesund, but I don't know how anything can top this.
Staff is friendly, and the service is exellent.
And the wiew of the harbour is breathtaking.
One thing is sure, this is a place I would recomend to my friends anytime.
Takk for maten, den var deilig. Den beste opplevelsen jeg har hatt på lenge.
C. U. next time I'm in Aalesund

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Tom H
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent seafood”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Excellent dinner- quality food and professional friendly service. Combines fine dining / michelin star quality with a relaxed atmosphere. Customers combined local (business groups having dinner I would guess) with some tourists. Was packed, even on a week night and out of season, so booking table is probably a good idea.

Norwegian restaurants are pretty expensive by any standards and this was no exception...was worth it though, don't mind paying for quality!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Basilisk333
Lincoln IL
“Tasty flavorful seafood -”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were in Alesund on vacation and asked for a good restaurant. This one was wonderful ~ the food was perfectly prepared and the cod was fluffy with a smooth creamy sauce - fabulous! All of our meals were excellent.

Visited September 2013
Sandefjord, Norway
“maybe good food, but not very interested to find solutions.....”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We came to Ålesund for a good time. Not booked any restaurant up front. So we asked at the hotel for a recomendation to a good fish restaurant...... And XL was what they sugested. OK, they called over and was told that it was full, but we should come anyway and they would see what they could do - probebly nothing before 9.30 pm...... that was fine with us.
We went for a walk and stopped by to check - and the waitress was nice and polite enough, but firm that there was no hope to get a table at all. Not even willing to try to see if a solution could be done...... Not very good service. Found it to be a very snobbish atitude of her. Maybe we weren't dressed fancy enough to be bothered with us.... we don't know. Got the dislike for the place with her way of being and answering. The girl could use a lesson or two to learn about customer service on how to get a guest to feel welcomed and wanted eventhough the place is full and not possible to get a table that evening.
Found a much nicer and better serviced place just a couple of blocks up town called Hummer & Canary....

• Visited August 2013