“Very nice place to stay, directly at the Fjord”

Hotell Molde Fjordstuer
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Molde
Munich, Germany
“Very nice place to stay, directly at the Fjord”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

we had a very pleasant stay in the Hotell Molde Fjordstuer. Is is directly at the Fjord, centrally in Molde. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were decent size and very clean. We had a very good breakfast wit view over the Fjord. Overall a very good place to stay in Molde.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Serbian first
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

When I arrived 2 hours earlier than originally planned, I was met by an unfriendly receptionist which gave me all kinds of excuses for why this was a big problem.
The reason I booked this hotel was because of the good reviews of the restaurant and the possibility to dine at the outdoor terrace. But the restaurant is closed on Sundays! Such a big disappointment!
The business rooms are nice, clean and quite spacious, and have a nice little veranda facing the sea. There is no minibar or room service.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Flaquitita1
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Located by the sea and next to the City center. Walking distance to everything. The hotel has nice architecture and decor and furnishings are contemporary with delicate colors. Friendly staff.
Booked a room here when I read other guests told of particularly beautiful views from the room. I unfortunately got a room where I just looked straight at the hotel wall (back towards the road, also some traffic noise). Had booked this hotel because of the advertisement on view, but even though I paid for 2 pcs. when I wrote me in as one piece, I did not get a room with a view
Lots of nice seating around the hotel, so the solution was to take my book and newspaper and used common premises.
Will want to use the hotel again but would then assure me to get a room with a view. For beautiful sea and mountains on the hotel's front side.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I used this hotel after reading some good reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to book it for a 3 day trip for a football game I was attending at the Aker Stadion.

First off the view of the fjords are exellent and the hotel is right on the water, plus I was surprised as to how the close the hotel was to the stadium.

One of my pet hates about using hotels is the fact that they charge you for internet access, well the Fjordstuer does NOT charge you for wifi...its FREE!! Thank godness for some common sense, every hotel in the world should adopt this policy. Simpy as the hotel reception for the password to your wifi connection and away you go...I was able to watch some UK tv from my laptop as a direct result of this.

The room was just I needed for my purposes as I was travelling alone and wasn't intending to spend a lot of time on the hotel anyway.

Only issue I could have had, but I know from how Norwegian homes and hotels are like from previous visits, is that the shower doors do not stop the water leaking all over the bathroom floor, however there is mop in the bathroom to help push the water down the drain. Don't take this as an inconvenience because as I said, I've seen this set up in hotel and homes right across Norway.

The hotel is a 5-10 minutes walk into the centre of town and a bus at the airport on arrival will take you to the hotel and cost me 50NOK, well cheaper than the taxi that I took back to the airport.

The restaurant serves a fantastic meal in the evenings with a nice fire roaring in the background. The breakfast is your usual continental standard issue.

Above all the hotel was clean, the staff were helpful and everything that I needed was there. Should I return to Molde then this is the hotel that I will return to and the price is VERY reasonable by Norweigan standards.

Room Tip: the hotel is easily accessible for wheelchair users on all levels.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Blairhoyle
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights while travelling to watch a Scotland game here, its just a few metres outside the city centre, excellent room with lovely views when it was clear, like the Nighthaven review wished I stayed longer, only issue was you had to check everything carefully, I had to prove my twin room request as they forgot to record it and was charged for the wrong room which confused the receptionist.

Room Tip: Make sure they acknowledge room requests and take your correspondence with you.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Neil_37025
Churwell, Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This was my first visit to Molde and I was here for a business trip. Myself and two colleagues arrived late evening and the hotel staff were extremely friendly and couldn't do enough for us during our 3night stay. The views over the Fjord are stunning and my next visit to Molde will definitely include staying at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I wish we had stayed in Molde and this hotel longer. Such a quiet and beautiful town, wonderful view over the fjord. The room is fairly spacious, very clean and has a small balcony with table and chairs. Almost a bargain comparing to hotels in Oslo and Bergen. Breakfast is decent, tea lover should give their loose tea collection a try!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Molde
Scandic Seilet
#1 of 1 in Farstad
Hotel Aak
Hotel Aak
#1 of 2 in Andalsnes

Been to Hotell Molde Fjordstuer? Share your experiences!