“Met our needs”

Hotell Molde Fjordstuer
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Molde
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed one night here on our driving journey in Norway. We stayed in a standard room (no upgraded fjord view) and it was fine. Actually we could see the water from our room. Our only complaint was that the room overlooked the door from the kitchen and the staff used this as their "smoking area". We had no choice but to leave the window open (no air conditioning) and the smoke filled the room- we could see them looking up at us and laughing. At about 10 pm we decided to call the front desk to complain and after about 25 rings the person who answered the phone laughed and said "We keep telling them not to do that. I will go right away and stop them". Not sure why it was funny but they did stop smoking. Obviously an ongoing problem- would help if they removed the chairs! Very busy hotel-lots of "groups" at breakfast. Good food though and met our needs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two nights with a fjord view overlooking the marina, and boy was it worth the extra charge. The view was amazing looking at snow capped mountains in June. The weather was also great and we had almost 24 hours of daylight. The check in was quick and efficient and we were shown to our rooms on the ground floor. We decided to eat in the restaurant on our first night and were not disappointed. We choice the local speciality which was salted cod and it was to die for. The standard of service by the waiting staff was very good, they were attentive but not in your face! We were advised by Simon the man on reception of places to visit in and around molde and took his advise and travelled the Atlantic road which was spectacular but busy. Our next night we decided to eat out and found a lovely Italian restaurant near the ferry terminal which was equally good.
This hotel was well worth the trip from Scotland and we have both said we are definitely coming back, but we think we might fly this time.
If you are thinking about staying at this hotel, I would not hesitate to recommend it, from the hotel and is fantastic location to the excellent staff.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2014

we had a very pleasant stay in the Hotell Molde Fjordstuer. Is is directly at the Fjord, centrally in Molde. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were decent size and very clean. We had a very good breakfast wit view over the Fjord. Overall a very good place to stay in Molde.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

When I arrived 2 hours earlier than originally planned, I was met by an unfriendly receptionist which gave me all kinds of excuses for why this was a big problem.
The reason I booked this hotel was because of the good reviews of the restaurant and the possibility to dine at the outdoor terrace. But the restaurant is closed on Sundays! Such a big disappointment!
The business rooms are nice, clean and quite spacious, and have a nice little veranda facing the sea. There is no minibar or room service.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Flaquitita1
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Located by the sea and next to the City center. Walking distance to everything. The hotel has nice architecture and decor and furnishings are contemporary with delicate colors. Friendly staff.
Booked a room here when I read other guests told of particularly beautiful views from the room. I unfortunately got a room where I just looked straight at the hotel wall (back towards the road, also some traffic noise). Had booked this hotel because of the advertisement on view, but even though I paid for 2 pcs. when I wrote me in as one piece, I did not get a room with a view
Lots of nice seating around the hotel, so the solution was to take my book and newspaper and used common premises.
Will want to use the hotel again but would then assure me to get a room with a view. For beautiful sea and mountains on the hotel's front side.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I used this hotel after reading some good reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to book it for a 3 day trip for a football game I was attending at the Aker Stadion.

First off the view of the fjords are exellent and the hotel is right on the water, plus I was surprised as to how the close the hotel was to the stadium.

One of my pet hates about using hotels is the fact that they charge you for internet access, well the Fjordstuer does NOT charge you for wifi...its FREE!! Thank godness for some common sense, every hotel in the world should adopt this policy. Simpy as the hotel reception for the password to your wifi connection and away you go...I was able to watch some UK tv from my laptop as a direct result of this.

The room was just I needed for my purposes as I was travelling alone and wasn't intending to spend a lot of time on the hotel anyway.

Only issue I could have had, but I know from how Norwegian homes and hotels are like from previous visits, is that the shower doors do not stop the water leaking all over the bathroom floor, however there is mop in the bathroom to help push the water down the drain. Don't take this as an inconvenience because as I said, I've seen this set up in hotel and homes right across Norway.

The hotel is a 5-10 minutes walk into the centre of town and a bus at the airport on arrival will take you to the hotel and cost me 50NOK, well cheaper than the taxi that I took back to the airport.

The restaurant serves a fantastic meal in the evenings with a nice fire roaring in the background. The breakfast is your usual continental standard issue.

Above all the hotel was clean, the staff were helpful and everything that I needed was there. Should I return to Molde then this is the hotel that I will return to and the price is VERY reasonable by Norweigan standards.

Room Tip: the hotel is easily accessible for wheelchair users on all levels.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Blairhoyle
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights while travelling to watch a Scotland game here, its just a few metres outside the city centre, excellent room with lovely views when it was clear, like the Nighthaven review wished I stayed longer, only issue was you had to check everything carefully, I had to prove my twin room request as they forgot to record it and was charged for the wrong room which confused the receptionist.

Room Tip: Make sure they acknowledge room requests and take your correspondence with you.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Neil_37025
Also consider these accommodations in or near Molde
Scandic Seilet
17 mi away
Gjerdset Turistsenter
Gjerdset Turistsenter
#1 of 3 in Isfjorden

Been to Hotell Molde Fjordstuer? Share your experiences!