“good food, but a little overrated”

Bolgen & Moi Stavanger
Ranked #29 of 218 Restaurants in Stavanger
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: One of Stavanger's best restaurants is found at the pier of Norwegian Petroleum Museum. For lunch we can perhaps tempt you with homemade cookies, sandwiches and tasty light dishes. And when the sun is shining you may want to relax outdoors and be swept away by the beautiful view over Ryfylke. In the evening you can choose from a varied and rich a la carte menu. Or perhaps we can tempt you with an exciting 7-course Artistic menu? Bolgen & Moi welcomes you to fabulous cuisine, the best view in town and an experience out of the ordinary!
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I've been here 3 times for dinner. The first time was disappoiting, as I had high expectations, the main course was ok, the creme brulee was liquid, which we send back. the next time i was there with work, and had the 5 course dinner, everything was excellent. the last time i was at the restaurant was i July, we had the three course summer dinner, very good food, but we had four waiters waiting for us, and two of them did not say a word to us, even though there was only one other couple in the restaurant.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I had a nice lunch before taking a ferry ride, as it is so close to the pier. The food was wonderful. Of course it is expensive, its Norway!! I enjoyed a burger an french fries, with a glass of wine. The burger was cooked perfectly, fresh produce, and even homemade ketchup was served. It wasn't to big, so I ate it all! The service was great. If anything, they were too attentive. I have eaten here in the past and it has always been very good. I bring family here for special occasions, or a big group party. Its fun to be right in the middle of all the beautiful sailboats and cruise ships. Stunning location, both inside and out.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

With a wonderful view out over the fjord, this stylish restaurant was a treat. My fish soup was excellent, my companion's salad perfectly dressed, and the service was faultless. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Had a very nice dinner here. Food was really tasty and delicious. We had wine from wine menu which matched accordingly. They refilled glasses as we went along. Friendly service. For a great food experience it is fine to pay extra. Go for it!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I visited the restaurant with some friends. We had a 4 course meal with wine package.
For starters I had the Sashimi of salmon and mussel soup, both were quite good!
For mains I had the Rump of veal from Jaeren and it was delicious, perfectly cooked.
For desert I had the Chocolate mousse cake with passion fruit sorbet which was ok.

The waitor was very knowledgeable about wine and his picks matched perfectly with the food.

Overall the service was excellent and everyone was happy. The view from the restaurant is great :)