“A good and long meal.”
Review of RE- NAA

RE- NAA
Ranked #6 of 218 Restaurants in Stavanger
Cuisines: Norwegian, Scandinavian, International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I had some great expectations for a meal at this restaurant. They have a bistro style restaurant upstairs. We went for the high class version down stairs. They offer only a set five course menu or a nine course (circus) menu. We went for the five course menu which started with three different sea food courses. The main course was the local lamb and the meal ended with apples and white chocolate. The service was good. The wines fitted well with the food. All the courses were also very good, although we were lacking the “woow” feeling. For NOK 3.500 for two persons including wine, we would have expected at least a little “woow”.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Although a bit pricey, the value for money is great. The flavors are fresh, local and intriguing. Try their daily specials to sample some of the finest ingredients that Norway has to offer. Perfect lunch spot. The atmosphere is stylish but not lavish. Service is swift and unproblematic. Simply a "how-to-run-a-good-spot-in-norway".

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The service was excellent -- the staff are very pleasant and are easy to converse with. The waiters were also very willing to explain what different things on the menu were, although there were menus in English.

Since I was a solo business traveller eating there, I accepted a seat at the bar which was nicely laid out for dinner as well and was still very comfortable. The fun part about sitting there was the chefs were in my direct view so I could see them making everything and putting their finishing touches on the dishes before they were served...maybe that won't be fun for you, but it was for me. I even got to see them create my own meals that I ordered.

I tremendously enjoyed the food but the only not-so-good part was the entrecote (Matbaren) was a bit salty, and I made them away of this upon finishing. I had the green salad for starter and this was well done; the leaves and greens were very fresh! I was quite stuffed but I learned they offered a panna cotta for dessert. I've tasted panna cotta in many restaurants around the world and have not been able to find one that compares favourably to that from a restaurant in Trinidad and Tobago called Buzo Osteria Italiana. However, I decided to try it here and it was absolutely delightful! So I would highly recommend this for a dessert!

The value? Well...everything in Norway is expensive :) My three course meal plus 2 glasses of red wine came up to 803 NOK.

The atmosphere was casual and I think it can make for a good date too...not too casual, not too fancy.

Bottomline -- I'll throw in my recommendation (highly) that you visit this place ;)

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Had an enjoyable team diner here recently. We all enjoyed good, friendly service. Some had the menu of the day and others a normal menu. Both main dishes and dessert seemed to go down very well. All in all worth to consider a second visit.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

One of the best homemade burgers in Stavanger, but it's a small menu wich is a bit dissapointing, but they do focus on local produce!