“So great!”

Clarion Hotel Stavanger
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Stavanger
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This is an amazing hotel. Everything is great. The breakfast is wonderful, and even has organic products and products for those with allergies. They have a great buffet for lunch, and I had the best pasta salad ever. The view from the top floor is amazing, and everything is close by. Thumbs up!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Silcoo

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Stayed in the hotel for 18days. Its a very comfortable hotel with helpful staff. The breakfast was good. The ambiance of the hotel is nice. Check in and check out were effortless. Internet speed is good. The view from top floors are amazing. The only problem is lack of vegetarian choice for someone who is a pure veg. The size of rooms were also small.
Will stay in the same hotel when I again visit Stavanger

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank nikhil85
Neverdahl, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Stavanger, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear Nikhil85,

Thank you so much for staying with us, and for your nice review. I am glad you wish to stay here next time you visit Stavanger. We are working on our menus, and will be adding vegetarian choices. We are also happy to prepare vegetarian choices at your request, just let us know as you arrive.

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

4 friends and I stayed here last weekend and LOVED it! The staff was amazing! So friendly, super helpful and always smiling! The rooms were lovely, I think they've been updated since the posted photos were taken. The view from the 14th floor, where the hot tub is, are spectacular! Lucky for us, the hot tub just reopened the day before we checked in! The hotel offers a beautiful buffet breakfast with a great selection of food, best I've ever seen! Unfortunately for us we left early to hike pulpit rock and misses breakfast, but the wonderful staff had sack lunches made and ready for us before we left!
I cannot express how much I loved my stay here! I only wish we stayed more than one night! I definitely want to go back!

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Lilsally12

Dear Lilsally12,

thank you for your positive review, and for staying with us. You are right about the photos, we will post new photos taken after our total renovation last year. I hope you enjoyed your trip to the Pulpit Rock, and that you will come back to visit us again.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Great location, middle of everything. Great beds!! Not those regular hard madrasses. Excelent breakfast, organic and omelets made to your choise in addition to a wide range of jam, hams an cheese. Bolied, scrambles and fried eggs and bacon. Did not try the dinner facilities. Will definitly come back!

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear DagMj_ndalen,

thank you for your positive review! I will make sure that our breakfast holds the same hight level of quality next time you visit with us - welcome back!

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Newly refurbished hotel in central Stavanger close to "everything". Nice and welcoming staff, good spacious rooms with modern bathrooms. Comfortable beds with a great variety of pillows. I like the interior. Great variety of activities, but very expensive. This hotel would have been a '5' if the breakfast was of better quality. The selection is good, but it's poorly arranged with müsli spread around and no signs for what is on the plates. Also, a hotel like this should have had a gym. It doesn't matter if your closest neighbor is a gym when it costs a fortune to go there (75 NOK), besides I prefer small hotel gyms as opposed to crowded membership gyms.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Neverdahl, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Stavanger, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Dear MisterMellow,

thank you so much for your review, it is important in order to improve. I am happy that you like the result of our renovation and my staff. I was however very surprised by your comments concerning breakfast. We mark all our plates for breakfast and lunch, and the only explanation I can find is that we have made a mistake on this date. I am sorry about that , and will make sure that this does not happen again. Welcome back!

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I've stayed at several properties in Stavanger over the years, but for the future I will use the Clarion. Considering the price and standard I will vote it the best in town. Modern, clean rooms, great breakfast, friendly and helpful staff and perfect location. And the wiew from the spa.......fantastic!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arnt78

Dear Arnt78,

thank you so much for your very positive review, I have already shared this with my staff. We all hope to see you here again real soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I have traveled all over the world and been in countless hotels. When I come to Stavanger there is no doubt which hotel I chose. I have tried many hotels in town and this is the best for me! 2 min walk to all city facilities, restaurants and street life. The rooms are modern and very clean. The staff is extremely friendly and the breakfast has high standards. For me, this is perfect! Recommended!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank lenetonnessen

Dear LeneTonnessen,

thank you so much for your kind review, it is so important to us. I trust we will see you again soon, if we are lucky spring is right around the corner:)