“Comfortable, modern, great breakfast”

Clarion Hotel Stavanger
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Stavanger
London, United Kingdom
“Comfortable, modern, great breakfast”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The hotel has an excellent location, just a few minutes walk from the centre of town. The staff were very welcoming and helpful, the hotel was clean, comfortable and well appointed. I would agree with other reviewers that standard rooms are not huge, but they had everything you would need. The hotel is modern and, generally, well designed. There were two things that struck me, though. The lighting could be better - both the bathroom mirror and the mirrored wardrobe had poor or no lights, making it difficult to put your makeup on (I do realise that this is only an issue for some of us). Secondly, there are no signs in the corridors telling you which way the rooms are. I found this confusing.
But overall I enjoyed my stay at The Clarion, I would recommend it and I would go back.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the main road can be affected by noise on Saturday night.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Neverdahl, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Stavanger, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear YoungMrsH,

thank you so much for your kind review, and for your comments. I will look into those comments to see if we can make improvements.

Laila Neverdahl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Lokeren, Belgium
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This hotel is very well situated in the middel of town. Closeby the harbour, shops and old town.

Rooms are not so big but have excellent beds. The breakfast is one of the best hotelbreakfasts you can get in Stavanger.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Inmapa,

thank you so much for your nice review, I am so happy that you enjoyed our breakfast. I hope can welcome you back soon!

Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I found a deal online with hotel + a 2 course meal at kitchen and table. Booked it and had a very good follow up by Elisabeth Søyland, Hotel Manager. She helped me upgrade our room to a suite with a wonderful view, I mentioned that the occasion for the stay was my fiances 30th birthday - so I were recommended a romantic table in their restaurant.

We were welcomed in the restaurant with 2 glasses of Champagne - on the house - and birthday wishes for my fiance. The service was was excellent and food very good. Unfortunately with exception of the desert. However - the starter and main (Pork Tacitos and Butchers cut with fries) was so good that it covered for the desert!!

All in all a very good stay - and restaurant recommended to all of our friends).

Room Tip: Get a room high up to enjoy the view!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Neverdahl, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Stavanger, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Monicamee,

thank you for the fantastic feedback and for pointing out that my hotel manager is a true star! I hope you told my restaurant staff what was wrong with the dessert, so that we can improve it. We hope to see you again soon, both for celebrations and other occasions.

Twickenham
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Small but comfy rooms. The sauna and hot tub on the top floor are worth using if nothing else for the view. Breakfast is top draw so arrive hungry. Staff were very friendly and helpful in pointing me in the right direction. A few minutes walk from the harbour.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Welsh_Clarkey,

thank you for staying with us and for your nice review. Breakfast is an important meal, I am glad you enjoyed ours.

Welcome back soon!

london
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I have always associated Clarion hotels as a little downmarket and jaded. This one however seems rather nice. Central. Clean. Great check in. Free wifi and nice breakfast. The room has all you need. The room may be a little smaller than some rooms in more expensive hotels but frankly it is big enough. Nothing wrong here and a lot right!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear beesbeesbees,

thank you for your feedback, and for being pleasantly surprised. Clarion is considered a top brand in Scandinavia, and you can find many nice Clarion hotels in Sweden and Norway - and even one in Denmark.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed at the Clarion hotel for two nights whilst visiting stavanger. The hotel is centrally located and all of the restaurants, bars and shops are only a short walk away. When we arrived we were greeted nicely by the reception staff who were very happy and friendly which gave us an instant good impression. The room was modern and very clean though I have a feeling we were not put into the room we had booked as I booked a Superior Double room which on Booking.com said it would be 23 meters squared in size but seriously our room was not that large it was very, very small. Thinking back now we should have brought it to the attention of the reception staff but there was a badge on the back of our room door saying Superior room but the interior of our room looked very different to those advertised as "Superior". Little disappointing........

The common areas of the hotel are lovely and the restaurant is very good, breakfast I would say only OK as I was expecting slightly better but it was adequate. I would recommend this hotel to other travellers as I felt for the price it was great value!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

The restaurant in the hotel was quite good. I had their lamb, which was cooked to perfection. The parking garage is one door down the pedestrian street and only 100kr a day, so great if you have a car. The rest of downtown area is an easy walk.

The rooms are a compacted version of what you'd find in a Hilton Garden Inn/Marriott Courtyard Hotell.

There is one problem: The floor in the bathroom isn't heated.
This is really unheard of in Norway. It's unacceptable that my feet aren't toasty when I walk into the bathroom in the morning.

• Stayed September 2013
ErikNordheim,

thank you for a nice review and for choosing us in Stavanger. I am happy that enjoyed the food in our new restaurant Kitchen & Table. All our bathroom floors are heated, but we turn the heat down during the summer as it tends to get too warm.