Comfort Hotel Stavanger
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$286
US$218
US$198
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewscity mapfree coffeenice stafflocated in the city centrenice stayyour luggagepulpit rocklate breakfastshort walknight stayfantastic locationgreat breakfastlate checkbreakfast buffet isreception deskcomfy bedferry terminal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2011

If you want to have experience of staying at 80s era hotel, this is your perfect place. It was amazing to stay at the hotel that still use room keys with punch hole type.

Overall, this is terrible hotel with expensive rate. I paid 250 dollar for this hell hole. The hotel is so tired. The windows are broken so they could not be opened. There are wear and tear on the carpets and all furniture. The bathroom is just tiny, no toiletries, no floor mat, just two pieces of old towels. Breakfast was dull and the staff were cold and not excited at all.

The only positive thing is the location. But otherwise, go somewhere else.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Stayed for two nights, Friday to Sunday and got a nice comfort weekend offer. The location was great right in the middle of town, a short walk to wherever we wanted to go. The room was clean and nice with window fronting the street, so in the evening it was a bit noisy but this did not bother us. The breakfast was good with different food to choose from, since we were travelling in February there where not a lot of people in the hotel, so we could enjoy a nice and quiet breakfast. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KristinHelen
Management response:Responded 24 February 2011

Thank you so much for your review. Nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Comfort Hotel Stavanger. You are welcome back any time.

Reviewed 12 January 2011

Stayed here for business, the location is fine, near the harbour and lake and central for everything in Stavanger City. The rooms aren't well isolated against noise though, and even though I was on the 4th floor I ended up having to move rooms because the street noise was awful. My first room was a bit older but perfectly fine, the second room had a brand new bathroom and TV and looked quite impressive. If you want a quiet room, best to mention it on checking in I thought.

All the receptionists I saw were very nice and helpful, and went out of their way to answer my questions or accommodate any requirements. The move to a different room was handled straight away.

Free tea and coffee are always available in reception, and the free waffles in the afternoon were much appreciated. Breakfast buffet is limited but all that I tried was lovely, was all I needed really.

Thought it was a good hotel for the price, low-end for Norwegian standards.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2011

My husband and I stayed here during our honeymoon in September. The staff was great. We were having issues with our credit car when we arrived. The concierge allowed us to check in and pay later. She was so nice and helpful during our entire stay. We loved the layout of the room- a separate sitting area plus a bedroom. The rooms were a little run down, but we expected this due to the price and previous reviews. The location was perfect. It was a brief walk to wherever we wanted to go. However, the room could have been a lot cleaner- that's the only thing that keeps me from rating the hotel higher. The bathroom was gross, there were used toiletries and hair all over it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2010

nice enough hotel friendly staff who speak english.
i think it would be ok if you were only staying a short while in the rooms as there is hardly any where to hang your clothes the first room i was in had a coat stand with 4 coat hangers on it
hence the FLOORDROBE only space to put your clothes.the room i am in now is slightly better i have a closet mabey 9 inches wide to hang my clothes in so most of my clothes are piled on the coffee table or in my bag,
comfatble bed compact bathroom.
nothing is cheap in stavanger .

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business