“Great place to stay in Stavanger!”

Best Western Plus Victoria Hotel
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Stavanger
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were actually booked at the Skansen Hotel, which has the same owners, but our reservation was lost. To make up for the mistake, they upgraded us to the much nicer Victoria Hotel. It was a very basic room, but it was a cool, old hotel, with comfortable beds and a clean bathroom. It was a very short walk from anywhere we wanted to go, and the breakfast was fantastic!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Victoria Hotel

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Traditional Hotel situated at the waterfront i the very center of Stavanger. No pool and fitness center available (didn't sees any). Use this Hotel as base for visiting the Oil Museum or take a stroll to the old part of Stavanger close to the Victoria Hotel.

Room Tip: Some noise from ventilation to rooms at 4th floor, but the view is beautiful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jan L
Catrine V, General Manager at Best Western Plus Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Jan

Thank you for your review. We do not have a pool or a gym, but we do have vouchers to SATS gym 200 meters from the hotel. As we are situated in the heart of the city senter there is a public pool a very short walk from the hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a great location, right in the middle of town. Decent looking from the outside and well kept.

The rooms are small, old but clean. There is no aircon which means the rooms are very warm. In light that this should be a modern hotel, this is rather annoying.

You get free internet. A bed. And that i about that.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Magnus C
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed for one night and was happy with my stay. The staff were very nice and the restaurant was exceptional. The location is right in the middle of town with plenty of things to do and places to eat. Bring a fat wallet though because if you haven't been here before it can get pretty expensive. I would choose to stay here again when I visit. Thanks for the hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This was a really nice hotel, very accommodating staff and welcoming entry. We ate at the steakhouse one night, which was pretty good. The hotel is in the prime location for exploring Stavanger. We felt very centralized. You can tell this is a classic hotel in this city. However, it seems like they're on the verge of being ready for some renovations. But, maybe it was just our room - the photos seems pretty accurate. Overall it still felt clean, and we didn't run into any problems.

I'd stay here again. It seems that of the choices in Stavanger, this is definitely one of the best.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura B
Catrine V, General Manager at Best Western Plus Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Laura

It is nice to hear that you were happy with your stay at Victoria Hotel. We do have a few rooms that need to be upgraded and it will be done this Easter.
We hope to see you next time you are in Stavanger.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a few days. Left a day early but it was a bad stay. Lots of noise from the bar until late in the night. Dripping water system from the toilet that wasn't fixed after two days.

Location is good and breakfast is nice, for the rest definitely not a keeper.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Busy_Traveller_1972
Catrine V, General Manager at Best Western Plus Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

We are sorry your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Our guests should never have to wait two days for a problem to be fixed. It is our custom to take care of problems right away and to meet our guests expectations.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I was visiting Stavanger for business and was delighted to find the Viktoria so close to the harbour. The area is beautiful and there is plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from. The room was very old school, ancient looking furniture, cracks in the sink and I must admit I was a little bit scared to plug in my phone as the plugs looked so old. However, I was very pleased with the service, when I asked to get a firmer pillow, one was delivered within 10 min to my room and I was given a map in addition to directions when I asked where to find the places I needed to go to. These made me instantly like the place more. Breakfast was nice with enough to pick from and wifi worked well and was included. I slept great (after getting my pillow) and would have nothing against returning to the Victoria on my next visit to Stavanger.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Linda

We are glad to hear that you had a nice stay at our hotel. Some of our rooms are not updated, but we will refurbish most of our outdated rooms April 2014.
We hope to see you again upon your next visit to Stavanger.

Best regards