“Good value two course set meal in historic building next to the quayside”
Review of Sjohuset Skagen - CLOSED

Sjohuset Skagen
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We went for lunch on a Sunday at Sjohuset Skagen - a restaurant on the first, second and third floors of a historic building located right on the quayside. The decor is very rustic with old brickwork, wooden beams and wooden staircases.

They offer a two course set menu which includes coffee - either mussels or spare ribs as main course and either strawberries and ice-cream or plum soup as dessert for Kr 275.

One chose the set menu opting for mussels followed by strawberries and ice-cream. The other chose the peppered salmon which came with potatoes and vegetables off the menu for Kr 235. All dishes were very good.

Eating out is not cheap in Norway however for these prices we consider this meal very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The food here is delicious and so is the wine. The service is fast and friendly but could have been more attentive. The water didn't get refilled. You also refill your own wine glasses which is perfectly fine for me, no need for fanciness. For the price of the meal however it could have been nice to have a piece of good bread with good butter instead of bland bread with regular Tine butter in small plastic cups.

Most importantly though the food and wine is delicious, served in intimate surroundings in a very old buildling. A small taste of Norway.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My nephew and I had two days to spend in Stavanger and ate here both days. On Friday I had the reindeer and he had the whale tenderloin (which I had on a previous visit in 2010). On Saturday, after a day climbing Preikestolen, we went back and switched entrees, but I also ordered The Fish Soup and my nephew ordered the meat platter as appetizers. NOTHING I have EVER been served there is less than superb! Anyone travelling to Stavanger owes it to them selves to eat here. And ask for Olaf, he waited on us both evenings and was wonderful!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Three course fixed price dinner-delicious baked cod (and I don't even like fish!) and delicious chocolate dessert (like molten chocolate in a cake). Great friendly service even though we did not have a reservation (I'd recommend doing so). Tons of authentic atmosphere.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

old place, good atmosphere, nice staff and good food.Good location at the harbour, Vågen.we did not dislike anything.