“Best place to stay in Stavanger !!”
Review of Darby's Inn

Darby's Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Stavanger B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2014

If you are lucky to get a room here take it. There are only four rooms available at this small gem. It is within walking distance to historical Stavanger. And the beauty is that you can leave all of that tourism and noise behind when you return. I was so impressed I took two other rooms for my friends!! And I can say they loved it too. The owner (Wenche) is a truely wonderful hostess. She really made my stay very comfortable there. And I highly recommend Darby' Inn. The rooms are well appointed, very clean and the linen is top of the line.

Room Tip: I reserved early to make certain I could get a room here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights at Darby's Inn in The Eckhoff Room, very clean and a comfortable bed. The inn's location (an easy walk to town) was very convenient we could easily walk to the Tau ferry in 15 mins. Wenche and Paul were very helpful with information and suggestions. Wenche's breakfasts were definitely above expectation. Would stay there again if in the area. Rooms are on 2nd floor and breakfast is on 3rd...no elevator which was not a problem for us but be aware if you need one.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I travel to Norway on a regular basis having stayed in an apartment for most of 2013 when that lease was up I looked at a B + B as Hotels are notoriously unfriendly and expensive in Stavanger. I had Previously looked at Darby's but was unable to secure accommodation due to it being full, I now know why!

There are only 6 letting bedrooms, all extremely clean and tidy with access to a small non cooking kitchen area on the same floor. The house decor is an eclectic mix of furniture and collectable items that reflect the Darby's travels. Hospitality is second to none, breakfast is standard Norwegian Fayre, cold meat, salmon, muesli, bread, cereal and eggs, fried, poached, soft boiled whatever you require from Wenche in the way of breakfast.

On my last visit I met Paul and was fortunate to enjoy both their company on the sun terrace with a glass of wine (or two).

My first choice in Stavanger.

Room Tip: Take a room on the back of the house for some afternoon Sun.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in the Hartvig room and loved it. Wenche was a superb host with great recommendations on things to do in the area. Her breakfasts were top notch as well.

We loved our stay in Stavanger and Darby's B&B helped make it. The central location makes it easy to walk everywhere and explore.

Thanks Wenche for making our stay so enjoyable!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We were looking for a unique location during our Scandinavian honeymoon. From the moment we arrived, Wenche made our Stavanger experience lovely. She knew we were honeymooning so she surprised us with sparkling wine and cherries! How lovely is that! The room was beautiful, with a comfortable bed and nice, hot shower. Her breakfast was a terrific spread in a beautiful dining room. I would recommend this B&B experience to anyone looking for a break from the typical hotel experience.

During our stay we hiked Pulpit Rock and it was the best experience of our trip. Do not miss it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My business partner had stayed at Darby's Inn previously and insisted that I stayed there on a recent trip to Norway. I have to say I am glad he did, this place is a little gem. The ambience of the house is quite exceptional, and it truly felt like a home from home. A large part of that is down to the warmness of Wenche and Paul who could not do enough for us. The house is located in a very pleasant quite area just a short walk from the harbour area, bedrooms are large very comfortable and tastefully decorated, Wenche's breakfasts are a real treat. I doubt anyone could be disappointed with staying here and I can thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at Darby's Inn for the first two nights of our two week holiday in Western Norway. We chose Darby's Inn for our stay in Stavanger based on Tripadvisor reviews. Thus, our expectations were high and yet they were still exceeded. We made arrangements for our stay via e-mail. Wenche was very cordial and helpful throughout that correspondence. Her driving directions to the Inn were perfect and easy to follow. Wenche greeted us upon arrival, assisted us with luggage and parking, and acquainted us with the Inn and our room. The Inn is conveniently located in a quiet residential area, with pleasant parks nearby and the harbor just minutes away. On street parking is readily available. Our room was clean, very comfortable and quiet. The entire Inn is elegant. Breakfast was extensive and delicious. Wenche was generous with her time and knowledge regarding places to eat and see, and how to get around Stavanger and the area. We could not ask for better hosts than Wenche and Paul. They both assisted us with the arrangements for accommodations at the next stop on our itinerary. In sum, Darby's Inn is an extraordinary property, and Wenche and Paul are consummate hosts.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple