“Great Italian food!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2015

We ate here for dinner and although we didn't have a reservation, we were able to get a table as it was still quite early. The food all looked delicious and tasted just as good. If you feel like Italian while you're in Stavanger, then definitely stop in here!

Reviewed 12 July 2015

Went here in July with my 14 year old daughter. We were out trying to find something to eat for dinner and did not really know what we wanted. We picked this restaurant as it seemed to have a nice atmosphere from outside. The place was packed but we were greeted nicely and got a table for two. Our orders were taken quickly and the food arrived quite quickly as well. My daughter ordered a gnocchi dish with which she was happy and I had a spaghetti carbonara which was also good. The house wine was good as well and I guess, for Norwegian restaurants reasonably priced. I had a Tiramisu for dessert and my daughter a panna cotta. We were happy, the atmosphere was good, the service and the food as well. If I go back to Stavanger, I would go back to try the pizza which looked really good!

Reviewed 10 July 2015

Al Forno is our favourite restaurant when we are in Stavanger, we have been there four times - and each one of them makes us want to come back again!

They have delicious italian pizzas, bruschetta and good pasta as well - including ravioli and gnocchi. There are meat dishes (secondi piatti), but we haven't tasted them yet. It's one of the most real italian restaurants I have visited in Norway, although in the meny (I haven't tasted it myself) it says the pasta alla carbonara contains heavy cream - what is not acceptable in Italy. A friend of mine owns an italian restaurant in Bergen and he also adds cream, he says most norwegians are used to it and wouldn't like the traditional recipe. For me with cream it resembles more pasta alla papalina than alla carbonara... They are flexible, it would probably be possible to ask for pasta alla carbonara without heavy cream if you want the original.

There are 3 tables outside, what is a big plus for us.

I saw some reviews complaining about the lack of baby chairs, I saw 3 today, so they must have fixed this issue. My son (who is over 10 years old) likes the place a lot.

I definitely recommend this cozy restaurant!

Reviewed 5 July 2015

Italian style pizzas and pasta. Good quality food and service. The recommended wine matched the food perfectly.

Reviewed 25 June 2015

Been at this place a couple of times. It is an average Italian with decent Italian food. Price is alright