“OK food with an overpriced menu” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of N.B. Sorensens Dampskibsexpedition

N.B. Sorensens Dampskibsexpedition
Ranked #39 of 185 Restaurants in Stavanger
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian, Norwegian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Miami, Florida
“OK food with an overpriced menu”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This restaurant is a bit rundown but I liked it. The service was slow and not so friendly. For the most important reason of being here, the food, it was good. I had the slow roasted shoulder of mutton but won't recommend. The meat and sauce were good but the vegetables were way under cooked. The rest of the table had the signature burgers and had no complaints but smiles.
As we finished our meal, a small roach passed us all on our table. That was it for me and the N.B. Sorensens Dampskibsexpedition and the reason for my 2 stars. Clean up the place and I will come back.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Randaberg Municipality, Norway
“Dissapointing, poor and slow service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Booked days in advance for a group of 6 to celebrate a birthday. We had to wait 75 minutes for our main course! Half of the guests in our Group ordered starters, but they were all served at different times - 10 min between each, and first one served about 40 minutes after we put in our orders. Also we didn't get our drinks right at first....
Eventually, another of the waitresses came to our table and we told her how we experienced our visit, and then she arranged for the kids to have free icecream and we didn't have to pay for the food as a compensation. We thanked her, but for a special occation I wont take the chance again...

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Stavanger, Norway
“The burger is its signature.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have been to N.B. Sorensens for many times and most of the time it was always good. Most of the time I had the burger which I think is the best in that restaurant. The seasonal mussels was good too.

I love the decor.

One bad review came from a friend who went there with me and had fish. She said that it wasn't that good. I myself never had bad food experience there.

• Visited February 2014
Katy, Texas, Usa
“Cool atmosphere overlooking the harbor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Have one of the wait staff tell you the history of the building. We did not spend time in the first floor bar, but it looked cool as I went upstairs for dinner. We had a large party of about 10 and were easily accommodated. We had a prix-fixe menu with wine pairing. It was very well done. The food was excellent local cuisine.

1 Thank Dean D
Stavanger, Norway
“Nice atmosphere and good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

N.B. Sorensens had a very nice ambiance with good service and good food. A nice place for date night. The menu is a bit expensive but worth it. The bar is very nice with a large selection of wine, beer and whisky.