“Dissapointing”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Perth, Australia
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

OUR FRIENDS TOLD US THEY WERE DISAPPOINTED ON A RECENT VISIT AS THE MATRADEE WAS A BIT 'WEIRD' AND FOOD DISAPPOINTING NO SEAFOOD PLATTERS LEFT AT 6PM.
we visited ourselves this week the matradee was a little too friendly and familiar not as professional as the previous matradee but we were most
ly disappointing with the menu which appeared very limited. the food was very average will not be our favorite restaurant anymore shame.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank patsy666

Perth, Australia
“A restaurant run by Kids & apparently the "Chef"”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Came for dinner again the other night. The 2nd time we have returned after one fantastic Braised lamb shanks & one not-so-awesome, soggy pork belly. Entree of calamari was nice, but it's not hard to get wrong. 2nd entree of stale bread with olive oil & balsamic. Not so nice.
Then the mains. I ordered the Angus eye fillet, medium rare. Should be beautiful right? Wrong. I have never been served an eye fillet before that was such hard work to chew & swallow. Snappy, & hard to chew. It was seriously unenjoyable, hard work. I let the waitress know, & she took away my, not-even half eaten dish, to supposedly get a replacement. She returned to say the chef said there was nothing wrong with it. It was cooked fine. Yes, that was not what I was questioning. The meat itself, the cut, was not the quality one would expect from an eye fillet. Did I want the same meal re-heated & brought back out?? Uh, no thanks!
I was offered a complimenatry dessert, which we didn't go for.
Bill time, the steak was still on the bill even though I didn't get to eat my dinner. I brought this up with the male manager (I take it), who asked the junior waitress, completely unprepared to handle any queries or complaints, even though we didn't rush our evening. His words... There was nothing he could do. The "chef" said it was fine & that the eye fillet was supposed to have lots of snappy tenders in it. Really??? Where did you find your chef? A mining site? I could see him glaring at me from the kitchen on the way out. He offered me $10 off the bill. So I paid $44 for a meal I didn't get to eat or enjoy, no dessert, a glaring chef, & waitresses that want to know if your ready to order the second you sit down. FAIL.
Just to clarify for your chef & junior manager.... "Cut from the center portion of the tenderloin, the eye fillet is both the leanest and the mosttender cut available".
I honestly, to top it, cannot believe that the manager? actually told us to write an email in. Excuse me? What, when I'm standing right in front on you, & this I did say. I though about it all week. Then I had a conversation with our head chef over my experience. So here it is.
You will not be seeing us again. Back to Mt Lawley & the CBD to the real restaurants, we go.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Perth_Fine_Foods
East Coast
“Lovely view”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Dropped in to have a bite to eat at noon. Food was fair. Bruschetta was lovely. Chips plentiful. Calamari done well pizza was fair looked great not much flavour.

Joondalup, Australia
“Valentine's day”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Spectacular view overlooking the ocean. The chilly mussels were really yummy and a generous portion size. Just a bit pricey

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank cornflake_12
Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended??”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Friends in Perth had been telling me how wonderful this place was, so I took them there for lunch one Sunday. It was crowded and very noisy. We were seated and ordered a drink. I ordered the Barramundi with "hand cut fries", homemade coleslaw and salad, but I asked if they would only include lettuce in the salad. The waitress said she thought that would be OK. When I got my meal it consisted of 2 pieces of battered fish and some McCains chips. I asked what happened to the coleslaw and salad? And the special fries. The waitress said they couldn't (wouldn't) change the menu for me, so I ended up with basic fish and chips. Never ever would I personally recommend this place, or go back there.

• Visited January 2014